This has been the longest winter in captivity, and I am on the bandwagon with most of the country to get it over with.
1. We have two very long driveways and a turnaround that we have never stopped shoveling. Fortunately the snow has been light and fluffy, so we only had to have it plowed once.
2. Long underwear has been a must every single day.
3. The ponies have been outside all day, everyday except for 2 times when it was just too windy and the windchill was -25 or more. They have a 60 foot shed roof, two run-ins and an indoor they can go in whenever they want but seldom choose to do so. What they like (appreciate) is having a nice cozy stall to hang out in at night while they are chowing away.
4. Two of the horses (Angle and Maggie/top two photos) moved up from Florida in September. What an initiation to winter!
5. The two good things....lots of comfort food and sitting by the fire.
To view other Random 5 posts, click on the logo at the top of my sidebar.