Followers

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Morning 'til Night

 Woke up to some heavy duty fog.


 The sun was desperately trying to make an appearance.


 Finally things were looking good and I mowed the lawn.  Got a late start as I was on high alert waiting for the Time Warner tech to show up.  If I didn't answer the phone (telling me he was in the area), he would not keep the appointment... so I was grounded.  We have had terrible phone service for a couple of weeks and I think it has been taken care of.  Before he left, Dan asked me if I remembered him from his art class at the high school.  He graduated in 1991 and was one of my students.
 Gary picked up some mums today...hopefully they will get planted tomorrow.

Today our SSC Committee met at 3.  We prepared for our workshop meeting with Town Board coming up next Tuesday.
The petitions are coming in like gangbusters and we continue
 to get good support from the media.
 Now people need to start contacting the supervisor and board members to let them know how they feel about keeping this beautiful facility viable.
Home about 5:30 and was in no mood to make dinner.
Karen did chores while Gary and I went out to eat.  Had to pull off the road on our way to the village so I could catch a shot of the sun going down.





 Brockport after dark......
 Gary had a gift card from the Stoneyard, so we split a cubano.



Night all.

5 comments:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hi Lori! I've so missed your blog and having a glimpse into your day! But I'm hoping I'm getting back on track and can keep up a bit better now--Your photos and the energy you put into each day always inspires me!

Nancy J said...

Looks very autumny with those golden leaves, great way to end the day with a meal out. Lovely sunset too, Cheers, Jean.

Jo said...

Hi Lori, how I would love to wander in your fog just a few minutes! We're so hot and dry here in N/Tz. I love gull on your header. You take beautiful photos. And seeing Brockport at night was special. Happy weekend to you and youts.

Dee said...

Dear Lori, this posting is so evocative of autumn. It left me musing beauty. Peace.

Tombstone Livestock said...

Great pictures of the fog and looks like fall has arrive in your area with all those leaves on the sidewalks