Followers

Sunday, October 12, 2014

First Frost....













 After chores I took a shower and rode my trike into Brockport again.













 Met Hanny at the Farmers' Market where she collected 60 more signatures for our petitions regarding the Senior Center.  She is a pro.






 Went over to the Welcome Center where Gary was on duty.  Ended up having lunch there with him.



 Have you ever seen a lift bridge?  They have to raise it every time a boat needs to pass under it.
 Rode up to Jenny's, where Gary picked me up and threw my trike in his van.
 Got home around 3:30 and did....more work on the "book" I am preparing for the Town Board.
 Chores at 6:30.


 Tucked the girls in.

 Dinner at 7.
 Veggie burgers with caramelized onions, roasted sweet potatoes and a salad straight out of the garden.
Night all.

7 comments:

Oak Creek Ranch said...

Frost?! We were in the 80s today with a low of 50. We are supposed to cool down this coming week -- but I don't think frost is in the works yet.

Dreaming said...

Oh, darn! I hate when the weathermen are correct about things like frost and snow!
It looks like it turned out to be a gorgeous day, though.

Nancy J said...

That is a real frost, lovely when the sun melts it partway across the lawn, and the paved path by the canal, that is , well I can't find the right word for it??So fitting for where it is, just lovely. Cheers,Jean.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful autumn shots.

Holly Hollyson @ Full of Beans and Sausages said...

Yikes - no frost here yet. I am hoping that doesn't come too soon!

Sharon Creech said...

Frost hasn't hit us yet, but soon, no doubt. . . Thanks for taking us along on the bike ride! xx

Unknown said...

That first frost was early wasn't it? And your Morning Glory's in flower still. I've rarely been able to grow it here, but when we do manage it the first frost finishes it off completely. Still that 'Heavenly Blue' Morning Glory is usually well worth the trouble.