Followers

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Happy Birthday with Potato Salad????

The sun was outrageous this morning.  Came through a curtain in our bedroom on the east side of the house and hit Noah's Ark in the library.

 Chores as usual with a little extra.  Karen and I put a three shelf rack in the Moon stall to hold our blankets....
 then she picked all the pastures.
 I picked veggies.


 Our glads are really coming on strong now.




At 2pm we went down to Jenny's for Finn's birthday party.

 He was a very happy boy!





 Worked on the upstairs when we got home.  Karen will be moving in tomorrow and will stay here until her apartment is ready.  Our friend Pam is turning it into something out of a magazine.

Did not cook tonight.
Chores at 7:30.


 A few days ago I was able to get 36 bales of 2nd cutting for Berlin and Abbe.  Waiting for another 200.  Don't worry, it's not alfalfa...just a nice soft, green mix.  Also have some first cutting so I can combine them.  What do you do for hay?
A busy day is coming up tomorrow.  Big surprise.
Night all.

6 comments:

Terry said...

Looks like a swell party!
Paj can only have Timothy hay due to allergies, so that's what we feed. It's a pain because the local hays are brome or orchard grass, so we have to get our local feed store to get Timothy from out of state.

Dreaming said...

Mmmm… I want a piece of cake!
Hay - that is one thing I am glad I don't have to worry about for the time being. It was always a challenge to find good quality hay for my boys. However, this year we have had a surplus of rain, so I'm thinking there will be more local hay available.

Nancy J said...

What a party, but I couldn't quite catch the words between "Happy Birthday" and the next lot?? Super cake, veges, and those glads, I can see a painting of them already. Enjoy the hay. Cheers to all, and Finn, very Happy Birthday Wishes from Jean.

Anonymous said...

I know you don't have cattle, but have you seen the breed on my blog today. Ther's a freaky one with one large dot. Take a look.

Michaele said...

I always love party pictures. I also like how you cut flowers and bring them inside. It is hard to get small bales around here. I currently have an ad on Craigslist. My hay usually comes out of South Dakota.

Martine said...

Hmm the potato salad thing is lost on me!
Hay was a nightmare when we were in Ireland. Much too long a story to put into a comment! It's completely different here but not without some challenges. Normally its so dry that the grass is very sparse. This year has been very wet and there's loads of grass but the Provençal farmers are not used to making hay in these conditions and some of the hay has been rained on and spoiled!