WHAT'S SO GREAT ABOUT BROCKPORT, NEW YORK?
1. Our village is jam packed with beautiful Victorian architecture.
2. It rests on the banks of the Erie Canal, which brings us visitors from all around the world.
3. We have a first class Welcome Center manned by 100 volunteers (volunteerism is very big in this community) that is one of the favorite stops along the New York State canal system (over 500 miles long, passing through over 230 towns).
Starting in late June we have "Summer Serenades" on Thursday nights.
Our Art & Aesthetics Committee has raised funds for benches that have been placed throughout the Village encouraging people to sit awhile.
4. We are very fortunate to have a Farmers' Market, giving local farmers and outlet for their fruit and veggies.
5. The State University of New York at Brockport offers great dimension in so many ways.
Theater, dance, sporting events, a world class recreation center, the Brockport Symphony, ice skating, Mornings with the Professors, concerts and so much more.
Of course my favorite activity is having the opportunity to drum on Saturdays with Khalid Saleem, who is one of the best in the country. He volunteers his time to open African Drumming up to the community.
Let me know if you are in the area...this is just the tip of the iceburg.