Five things I love about being retired.
1. Instead of going out to the barn at 5am to do chores I can go out at a more reasonable hour and don't have to hurry.
2. Having time is worth more than money.
3. Meeting friends for lunch makes my day.
4. The older I get, the more willing I am catch a nap once in awhile.
5. I totally enjoy having time to: teach art at home, play bridge, participate in African Drumming, sing in a chorus, keep an online Journal (where I have met remarkable people from all around the world), volunteer in the community, take a gazillion photos and cook nice dinners for my family and friends. Can't leave out my four legged buddies who have my attention most of the day.
To view more Random 5 contributions, click A Rural Journal in my sidebar.
The photos are proofs taken by Wende Pencille several years ago when Phoebe was interested in modeling (and it never happened).