Followers

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Rain and Shine....

 It rained last night but by mid-morning it was gorgeous.

 Lorrie and her daughter were here to do chores and had to be at the airport by 10am so Beth and her husband could catch a flight back to the west coast.  Just visiting for the weekend...very nice to meet her and her Mom and Dad were happy!

 Gary did all kinds of work for me this morning....fixed the fence and installed a gate.
 Karen and I put up insulators and wire...now the entire perimeter is set for her horses.  The boards are 32 years old and I wanted to make sure it was going to be a safe situation.



 The clouds were off the charts.

 Gary picked some tomatoes before going down to the Welcome Center and I made another batch of sauce.
 Had a BLT for lunch...
 then went out to mow the two small pastures so they are just right for Angel and Maggie.  In Florida they don't have good grass, so we are going to have to be careful.

Chores a little after 5....the girls were ready for their siestas.







 Gary started stacking wood while I got dinner ready.

Used some of the sauce for dinner and froze the rest.
 Tasted great on this cool and windy day.  Rumor has it that the temperature is going to be near 90 this coming week.  Not for me.
All this fresh air is making me tired.
Night all.

2 comments:

Oak Creek Ranch said...

I'd love a cool breezy day! I thought our fences were old -- you have us beat.

forgetmenot said...

Lori, You always make "everyday life" sound so pleasant and satisfying. And your dinner always looks amazing. Love to see your horses on every post too. Mickie :)