Followers

Friday, February 17, 2012

SQUALLS...

This is the first morning I have felt like spring is on the way. 
 It was quiet and bright.  The birds were singing like crazy.

Decided to put the hay out in the side pasture.









Chester seems to love the snow (See post below).


I put on the "Today Show" when I got back in the house and they were doing a segment on dogs that are up for adoption.
Does this one look like Phoebe or what?  I need one more animal?
Left at 11:30 to do a couple of errands for Jen and let the dogs out.  At 1:30 I was on my way to the bank and another appointment with the chiropractor.  The sky was starting to look very dark to the north.
Below, you can see how the canal looks in the winter when the water is drained out.
Not long after I got back to the farm, this happened.
The grass was about to get covered one more time.
A squall blew over and the visibility got worse and worse.

By the time I went out to do evening chores it stopped.
In and out and back into winter.
Defrosted some cabbage soup that I had saved.
Toasted some English muffins and had a side of apples and extra sharp cheddar cheese.
Just what I wanted.
Time to get cozy.
Night all.

PS - SCROLL DOWN TO THE DOG SHOW POST - 3 NEW ENTRANTS
(and for some reason I was unable to photoshop them into watercolors...sorry)

7 comments:

Dreaming said...

I am staring at your fire trying to feel the warmth. It isn't working :(
A friend of mine makes a sweet and sour cabbage soup. It is my favorite!

Michelle said...

I am cozy here as well. Expecting some snow too! Always nice to see dogs up for adoption...we all need just one more :)

Sharon Creech said...

Listen to those birds! They're going crazy down here, too.

Cloudia said...

lovely- YES!


Aloha from Waikiki
Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >

Crowbard said...

Hi Lori,
In response to your comment on Mike's blog 'The Armoury', his blog may be found at :-

http://falconsuffolk.blogspot.com/

Keep warm and well,
Carl (Crowbard)

Unknown said...

There is still snow but the spring approaches. When the sun shines, all the birds begins to sing. It's joyful.
See you soon
Phyto

Terry said...

No signs of Spring here yet - maybe in May?