Followers

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

THE LONG AND SHORT OF IT....

It started out pink and blue and violet....

 Drama in the sky.
 It didn't last all that long.
 This was our fastest chore time ever.  Finished by 8:15

 Jill and Chester were on their way before 8:30.
 Meanwhile back in the kitchen...the amarylis was in full bloom.
 The rays were still beaming on the pups.

 We made a quick trip down to Wegmans and after lunch it was time for class.

Today Brenda and Tootsie Louise joined us.  She had to return some stuff to Tina and was able to stay and chat for awhile.  She also brought three of her paintings for us to check out.
 Brenda used to come to class here at the farm and has since exploded on the watercolor scene.  She joined a group in Rochester and has started participating in national shows.
 At home, she and her husband share a studio (Al is a carver).  Both put in many hours on a regular basis and the results are impressive.
 I made some French Press coffee and Judy brought some amazing cookies.

 Berlin was very curious when she realized there was a different dog in the back yard.
 Today, I was very happy to welcome Deb back to class.  She has been doing a lot of writing and is ready to start on the illustration part of her next book about her family history.
 Tootsie Louise, Phoebe and Gucci wanted to be under the table while everyone was working.

 Tina is working on a tray....
 She will do a painting of her neighbors two dogs on it.
 Mary had a great time experimenting with watercolor pencils...her first time and it was like magic.

 Judy started on a colored pencil drawing of a bird.
 I bought another $4 bunch of flowers at the store...the last batch lasted for over four weeks.
Let's see it these can do the same.
 Before noon the sky was very dull and grey, so I had a good fire going.

 (Tina)
 (Mary)

 (Judy)
 (Deb)

They left and Jen arrived with Cathy, Nicki, Finn and Coop.  A grooming session took place.



 All three horses got the treatment.
 How do you like Coop's outfit?
 Back in the house for hot chocolate.
A snooze, chores and dinner.  I don't feel all that great.
Night all.

8 comments:

Terry said...

Uh-oh, sorry to hear you aren't feeling well.

Your students are so talented!

What? The kids groomed all 3 horses? Why not have them groom Abbe 3 times? hee-hee-hee

Oak Creek Ranch said...

French press coffee -- a woman after my heart for sure.
I hope you feel better tomorrow!

Cloudia said...

awesome border collie painting!


Aloha from Waikiki
Comfort Spiral

>< } } ( ° >

Gayle said...

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling so good. I had a headache most of the day so I get it. Hope you are better tomorrow.

Love all the drawings...such a fun time. The flowers are so cheerful.

margareth said...

The watercolors'Breda are very good. I do like them !

RIZALENIO said...

I love that drama in the sky. I seldom see that kind of colors in the sky, not to mention the formation of feathery clouds. Beautiful artworks too. The dogs are so cute.

Hope you'll feel better soon.

Inger said...

I love that border collie painting. And I love reading about your daily life which is so creative and wonderful on so many levels. I hope you feel better.

Unknown said...

I notice a French pressed coffee. Is it made with a percolator ?
My parents had such a machine. They have spent much time looking for the good grind.
At this time, I loved to go to the coffee shops to discover new tastes.
Now it's a long time I have no time to go to a big city to find a coffee shop.
See you soon
PHyto