Followers

Sunday, February 26, 2012

FOOD GLORIUS FOOD...ONE GREAT MEAL AFTER THE NEXT

 Up and at 'um.

 A beautiful morning.


 Gary helped me with chores.
 Put the hay in the paddock so the sun would warm the ponies.





 How about that sky....

 So many times, your schedule can get jammed up with one thing after another.  For us, that would be 3 invitations in a row for meals with friends.

At 10:30 this morning we arrived at Apple Creek Farm for a brunch.



As per usual, Jack had brought Louise some fresh flowers before we got there.
 Today we had an egg dish, Polish sausage, asparagus and bagels.
 We even had dessert...a custard with blueberries and granola.  Outstanding.
 On the way home we made a quick stop at Jenny's.
 Buster and Ice were snoozing.
 Home by 2 and vegged before evening chores.

 The sky was still brilliant.
 At 6:15 we were off again...this time for dinner at Judy's.  We picked up Sally on the way.
 When we got there, Judy was wearing this....reminded me of some kind of belly dancing gear.  I want one!

Started off with a few munchies and drinks.  I'm cooling it as I am trying to get rid of this stomach thing.  You might know we would get all these invitations right now.
 Our hostess outdid herself for dinner.
 It was make your own panini night.
 She had chicken, roast beef and a couple of trays full of things to choose from.
 Bruchetta, Greek olives, artichokes, mushrooms, pepperochinis and roasted red peppers.  There were also four cheese choices.
 The building began.


 And then they went in the Panini Maker.
 She also made a salad and squash soup.
 What have we done to be so well taken care of?
 (Our hostess with the mostess.)
 After dinner we sat by the fire and started watching the Oscars....
 and had our second dessert of the day...organic vanilla ice cream with strawberries.
(Roger, just so you know....in an effort to get back to normal I did not eat everything in these pictures).
What a food fest.
Night all.

6 comments:

Oak Creek Ranch said...

What a food fest indeed! I think I would resemble Buster on the couch after all of that (he does look contented doesn't he?)!

Gayle said...

What an amazing variety of foods. I hope my life is that interesting some day. :)

margareth said...

If I understand you ate all the day ? ;-)
For Oscars, you could see the success of our national actor : Jean Dujardin. Waoooouuh !

Unknown said...

The term 'social butterflies' springs to mind, Lori.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Gorgeous pictures and stunning skies over your place this day.

That was a real food fest. I'm not shy but I don't think I could have eaten all that wonderful food.

Terry said...

I want that belly dancer thingy too!
The food looks fab.
Is Ice better? He looks comfy.