Followers

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

WHAT ELSE CAN HAPPEN?

 It was another yucky morning...and the temperature was supposed to go up to 50.
 Jill helped me with chores and Gary went to Java.
 He got home in time to do water buckets and dump the wheelbarrows before heading off to his painting job.
 Naturally, it started to rain so I put hay under the shed roof.


 By the time I went back to the house it was pouring, so I went back out and put on their sheets.  Abbe is in heat and Romeo was getting pretty pushy.

Went across the street for some eggs....they come in all different sizes.
 Made a very quick dash to finish up my Christmas shopping and was home by 12:30 after a stop at Weggies.  Still ugly out, but it stopped raining.

Built a fire and decided to crash and watch a movie "Mao's Last Dancer."  If you are into ballet, it was quite something....not to mention the story line.  Before it ended, Jack and Louise stopped up for tea.
By 4pm the sun was really making an effort to poke through the clouds.
 A very glowy kind of light.





 Out to do chores at 5 and when I looked at Abbe, knew that something was wrong.  Her head was down and her right hind was bearing no weight.  She was extremely gimpy when I put her in the barn.  Cleaned her up, soaked her leg, gave her bute, put absorbine on her from above the hock down and don't have a clue what tomorrow is going to bring.  I know one thing, if she is going to be a hussie, there is no way I can keep Romeo near her.  So,  he will have to be separated for now and won't be very happy.  The mud is not going to help the situation.
 I did not have much of an appetite for dinner.  Tomorrow I get the stitches out of my arm and am hoping for good news.
Night all.

6 comments:

Dreaming said...

I hope Abbe is feeling better in the morning.

I love the colors enhanced by sun peaking out from clouds.

Terry said...

Best of luck with the arm, dear Lori.

So sorry Abbe is sore.

Sharon Creech said...

I'm hoping for (your) good news, too. And oh, Romeo. . .and Abbe. . .it's a regular soap opera in that barn!

Oak Creek Ranch said...

Hang in there, Lori. Good luck with your arm. Brett was back in the drs today -- had to get more taken off his chest and now he has stitches. Abbe and Jackson... what are we going to do with them??! My son is home from college and arrived this evening for the holiday. We went Christmas shopping and that helped my mood tremendously. It's nice to have him home.

Michaele said...

The song on your blog brings a lump to my throat every time I hear it.

Gayle said...

The light on the barns is stunning.