Followers

Thursday, December 8, 2011

A SUNNY DAY CAN MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE...

The entire day was beautiful.
 The temperature last night was cold enough to create a layer of ice on the water trough.
 I lollygagged through chores.....

 Seeing that I was picking pastures, I let Romeo stay with the girls until 10:30.
 That's an improvement over yesterday.
 All of them have rolled and their sheets are filthy.  (Jill, I have been scraping the mud off Belle's neck...she wins the prize for the dirtiest).
 Took the time to mulch the leaves from the willow tree...now the lawn tractor is on leave 'til spring.

 I had breakfast for lunch.  Made a mess of the eggs.
This afternoon we had two chorus performances.  The first was at a nursing home in Brockport, which is located in our local hospital.
 We met in the lobby.

 and sang much better today.




 Then we went over to "The Landing," a senior living center...
 this group was much more lively.


 By the time we left, the sun was going down.
 Gary had to pick up his paper at the Lift Bridge and parked in front of Jimmy Z's.
 The village looked great.

 Headed home about 4:45 and the sky was still beautiful.


 Changed my clothes and went out to feed the ponies.
 Check out that moon!
 Tucked those babies in and went back to the fire.  We may have snow tomorrow....Buffalo is supposed to get a foot.

 Didn't have a plan for dinner, so Gary sauteed some onions and we put together a white pasta.
 Of course we had to have a salad.  I'm still using up my pears.

(Can you tell that we love salad?)

Night all.  Have to go check on Rachel Crow.  Last night they said she was getting some interest from Hollywood.  Even if she does not win the X Factor, she will become quite a success.  She is the only part of that show I can stand.  I still think it is horribly produced.  You can't even find the singers because there is so much garbage going on.  The people in charge must be blind.
Tomorrow is another day....

9 comments:

Sally said...

Perfect day to have lollygagged...Webster agrees with you...

Love breakfast any time of the day/night!

Saun said...

Lovely skies your 8th shot I love the tree.

Gayle said...

I completely agree about the X-Factor. I quit watching weeks ago because of all the lights...too distracting. Plus, the rapper they had was ridiculous. I appreciate rap and he was not talented. When I think of the people they cut to keep him you can only realize what a farce it all is.

I just love photos of your home town. It is so cute. I love the unique buildings. I find nothing attractive about our downtown area (that I do not go to unless I have to). I bet there are all kinds of cute towns like this across the States.

Oak Creek Ranch said...

Your salads always look amazing. We had another cold day here but the sun was out. Your horses must have enjoyed being out from under the eaves today!

Terry said...

So nice to have good weather, especially this time of year.

Glad Romeo is doing better with the girls.

Cloudia said...

indeed!

Cool gig-



Aloha from Waikiki

Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >

><}}(°>

< ° ) } } > <

Sharon Creech said...

What a bountiful, beautiful post. Esp. love the video clip w/the classical music playing again - and the village all spruced up - and the food, of course - and and and. . .xx

Unknown said...

Please Lori, could you define 'lolligagged' ?

Michaele said...

I love your journal, but must admit, my favorite part is the food pics. I really should cook more.