Followers

Friday, December 30, 2011

NOW IT'S RAINING....

 When I went to the barn it was relatively mild.
 Jill came out to help with chores and put her hand to the test...I'm sure it is still hurting but she did it anyway.  Tough cookie.


 Sidney came back to the house with me.  I could not believe that he sat on Gucci.


 By mid-morning the snow was melting....Lily and Sophie were hanging out on the back porch.
 Once again I cooled it during the afternoon....so tired. 
 Phoebe, Gucci and I vegged by the fire.
 By late afternoon we were back to grass....and mudddddd.
 Picked the paddock and did chores...
 The barn was very comfortable tonight....may reach 50 by Sunday.
 Took a quick shower and we were off to Lorna and Dan's for dinner.

 We started off with a delicious bowl of soup....
 Then, we had chicken, asparagus, polenta (covered with an outstanding homemade sauce),
salad and crusty bread.
 As if that was not enough,  there were lemon tarts for dessert.
 And Lorna's Christmas cookies if you had any room left.
 Another outstanding meal!
Their sweet lab (Birdie) kept us company.
What a great way to spend the evening.
Night all.

7 comments:

Oak Creek Ranch said...

What's with your green grass at the end of December?? I don't remember the breed of that horse and I'm too tired to get off the couch and check.

Gayle said...

Well, that wasn't much of a winter! LOL I wonder if that is all you are going to get? Personally, I would much rather have the snow than the mud and rain. That's just miserable. Of course, our -30 below isn't so grand either, but I just stay inside! Enjoy your weekend!

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Your farm is so pretty, Lori, and your babies are just precious, the inside and the outside ones! It is only 6:30 am here, and my mouth is just watering after seeing that food. YUM! Wishing you and your family all a safe and Happy New Year!

Jill said...

Lemon tarts are one of my favorite things. It has been mild here for the last few days as well. However...things are getting ready to change...brrr..
Sidney sitting on Gucci is hilarious.

fromsophiesview said...

Fantabulous meal...I keep returning to the lemon tart..no the salad..no the soup...heck everything makes my mouth water...we are drenched in rain here as well...HAPPY NEW YEAR..CHEERS!

Sharon Creech said...

Another great meal with more friends. You have more friends than anyone else I know - or at least more friends nearby. Our friends are spread out all over the world. Wish we could see them more.

Terry said...

Sitting on the Guch! Rude! I sent his lovely cat-in-the-snow card to my sister as a Christmas thank you note, by the way.