Followers

Friday, December 16, 2011

A CHANGE IS BREWING...

No doubt about it...the sunrise was beautiful.
 Went out to do chores and discovered why I need help.  All four horses needed to be cleaned up so I could put on their blankets...not easy without overdoing it with my right arm.  Managed tho....fed them their grain, and put the hay out.

 Gary came out to do the stalls...I did what I could.  Fortunately Jill showed up about the time I realized that it was time for me to go back in the house.  It's going to be a long week....no drumming, no lifting, no stall cleaning...
 The temperature dropped quite a bit and was in the 20s tonight.

I got the lead out and prepared the one package that needed to be mailed.  Decided to go down the road to mail it.
 Figured there would be too much of a line in Brockport.  When I arrived, there was not another soul in the building.  Badabingbadabah!  Smart move.

 Put the horses in and Jill did chores tonight.
At 6 we went down to Brenda and Al's for our monthly get together.
Comfort food all the way.
 Started off with cheddar cheese topped with honey and walnuts....
 some chocolate/peanut butter balls....
 grapes and strawberries.... Exercising control was not easy.

 Then it was time for dinner.
 I brought a salad....citrus, walnuts, crumbly blue....
 Al made his special coleslaw...
 Brenda made ham....
 the multi-grain bread we picked up at the market yesterday....
 Saratoga potatoes....(cheesy)


 squash

 and chow time!!!!
 Ann brought dessert and we celebrated Al's birthday.


 Tootsie was very happy to have company!
 Snow could be here by morning.
This is the prototype that Al has been working on for his next bird carving.  It's going to be a beauty...and different.  Such talent.

Another outstanding evening with great friends.  You can't beat it.
Couch time.
Night all.

4 comments:

Oak Creek Ranch said...

Maybe you'll get a white Christmas after all.

Dreaming said...

I'm sorry to hear about your arm and the surgery. I hope it all is OK.
Going to a small town PO is a smart idea!

Jill said...

Beautiful cake! I bet that bird carving is going to be gorgeous. I don't see how you can get your blankets on without using that arm...be careful! Our pastures are full of mud right now..I hate it. The horses are just covered in mud.

Sharon Creech said...

I hope you got this light snowfall that we did - such a nice change from the gray and the mud. Your photos have made me hungry again . . . and I love that bird carving.