Followers

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

GETTING INTO THE SLOW DOWN....

 A busy morning.  Chores.  Bank.  Wegmans.  Class.
 Judy has started a colored pencil drawing of these leaves.
 Drew a humming bird since the last class.  I think colored pencil drawings are going to be a snap for her.
 Found a stack of cards painted by my students some time ago.  Sandy will be happy to get this one back.

 As per usual, we had some pretty interesting discussions during class.
 Phoebe really sacked out for awhile.
 Back in the house for lunch.  The dogs warned me that someone was at the wagon buying onions and garlic.
 Picked two eggplants a couple days ago and decided to make some parm for dinner.
 Peeled and sliced it.
 sprinkled on some salt to draw out the moisture....
 dipped it in eggs....
 then, into seasoned bread crumbs with a little romano cheese mixed in....  Finally, put some oil in a frying pan and threw them in...a batch at a time.  You could also bake them in the oven.
 It did not take very long to brown them.
 Layered the fried eggplant in a lasagna dish...sauce, eggplant, romano cheese, mozzarella (X 3).
 A few minutes before it was finished, I topped it.....and went out to do chores.
 The temperature had gone up above 85 and it was muggy again.
 Visited Jill's cats.  Newbie came out for a visit....
 and Lily did not move from her soft bed.   Sophie cooled it.
 Stood in front of a fan when I got back in the house.
 Dinner was divine.

That's it for now.
Night all.

6 comments:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

My husband is out of town, and I had a little meal I picked up at Wegmans, and have decided that I need a friend like you who can invite me over for a dinner like you had, it looks really delicious!!

Michelle said...

That eggplant does look divine.

Terry said...

That's a favorite dish of mine, and yours looks delish.

Sally said...

Going to have to try your eggplant parm....looks so good!

Hot and muggy...can't believe I'm thinking about a cool fall.

Jill said...

Your eggplant looks divine! Phoebe is adorable (Gucci is too).

Anonymous said...

They look great to me.