Followers

Saturday, August 13, 2011

DUCKIE.....

 Another beautiful morning.
 (yesterday Gary started painting the house...will miss the red but the grey will be nice)



 Jill helped with chores and I was able to get down to the Arts Festival by 9:30.
The chorus members are always reliable and were ready to begin selling Duck Derby tickets.





 I must say, the entire set up was terrific.
 I started off by touring the tents of the exhibitors.






 The sculptor from Florida was my favorite.  His work was outstanding.

 He won best in show.

 Took a break and went home around 1:30.  Mowed the lawn...it's so nice and green now.
 At 4:30, went back down to make sure everything was running smoothly.  This sweet puppy was there they entire day.  Happy as a clam.
 Around 4:30 a few dark clouds passed over and we had some rain.  It was even muggier afterward.

 By 5:30 things had really wound down but I think it was a good day overall.
 It took all my energy to get off my butt and do chores.  By then, the light was gorgeous.





Tomorrow is the Duck Derby and I will finally be finished with this project.  Hope we get some bucks for our chorus after all this work.
Night all.

6 comments:

Oak Creek Ranch said...

I will miss the red too (my favorite color) but that grey is pretty too. Very dignified!

Louise said...

You lead the most active life. Always something to do. And, it all looks like fun. Hope you enjoy tomorrow, but I'm sure you will.

Gayle said...

I can't believe you are painting the house! I loved the red... you'll definitely have to show us some far away before and after shots.

Good luck with the money raising. Hope all goes well.

Jen said...

Looks like a great day all around - I loved those horse sculptures (gorgeous! :o)

Grey Horse Matters said...

Looks like a great day at the fair. Loved all the horse sculptures and painting and the art's and crafts things. That bowl was gorgeous.

Gail said...

Good luck although I don't think you'll need it.

Those windchimes were awesome...how do they keep from being broken? Or am I just thinking they were chimes?

Many gifted artists on display.