Followers

Sunday, April 10, 2011

9PM AND IT'S STILL 68 DEGREES...

Until 5pm I did not think it was going to really hit 70.  Semi-coolish until late afternoon.
 Barb and I got through chores very quickly.  When we were out picking the pastures we looked up and there was Seymour at the peak of the barn....checking out birds.
 I don't know how many feet this is off the ground, but over three stories!
 He was giving us heart failure...must have gotten out through that opening in the boards.
 Fortunately Sidney chose to be with the dogs.


 When everything was done in the barn, I did some raking and cleaned up around the Studio Barn.
Being in the house did not interest me....

 Put the heater on so it would not be too chilly for drumming.
 More and more people are getting their own drums.
 Chet wore his dashiki today...it looked great.
 This was my third day in a row for drumming....I'm drummed out til next Saturday.
 The horses spent the entire day in the big pasture...even tho the grass is just starting, they had no interest in anything but!
 Barb has started clipping Mustafa...he sure looks "abstract."

This is the barn Seymour was scaling. He was at the peak on the left.
 More raking in the afternoon.
Pizza for dinner and then I watched a German movie called "The Tunnel."  A true story and I thought it was well done.  Gar sacked out.  Must have been all that fresh air.
That's it for now.  Night all.

8 comments:

Terry said...

Holy cow, Seymour!
22 tonight and maybe snow.

Val Ewing said...

Busy day for you! I bet you loved the temps.

We had 81 degrees and now the cold front that created chaos has gone through.

What a wild day!

Gayle said...

All the green grass is so beautiful. I can't wait to sink my toes into some. Just ice for now.

Cats are crazy like that. Always giving heart failure. Glad to hear all ended well.

Grey Horse Matters said...

That's on acrobatic cat. He would have given me heart failure too. We never did get to 70 either maybe closer to 60. It's so nice to see some color poking through though isn't it?

Louise said...

It was a lovely day. And, this morning, I have every window in the house open, to absorb into the house all of the lovely fresh air before the predicted thunderstorms of mid-day.

I'm green with envy, though, because I see that you have violets out. None here yet, they're just starting to come up. Our temperature is colder, I believe, because we're so close to the lake.

Jill said...

Seymour! You are scaring me! I bet he had a good time up there though. We have also had some warm weather lately. Too warm really. We are supposed to have a little snow flurry tomorrow! Got to love spring.
The little violets are so pretty.

Anonymous said...

You're having a beautiful start to spring. We have little wild violets here too. Do yours smell good?

Sharon Creech said...

Crocuses and green grass--I smell spring. Mm, mm.