Followers

Monday, December 13, 2010

THE SNOW HIT THE FAN!



















It started out in the mid 20s this morning and went downhill from there.


















That shed roof sure was a great idea...especially in weather like this.







































Gary got home from coffee early and helped me with the stalls...yey!!!!



















Abbe stopped at the feed room looking for a treat....she is my little piggie.









































Remember how it looked this morning, 'cause some serious changes have taken place.



















Sidney loves to go under these bent over grasses...

L'orange followed me up to the house but didn't stay long...back to the barn.


















I went to Brockport twice today and both times it was clear here and a blizzard just 2 1/2 miles down the road.  Needed a new pair of Muck boots.  They are so much warmer than any other.  Fortunately they had a pair in clearance down at Tractor Supply and I got them for $30 less than the regular price.  They are pink!  But who cares?  The price was right.  After stopping at the bank, I went to Wegmans and the power was off...they closed and the parking lot emptied.


My second trip took me to a meeting at the Senior Center...Chorus stuff.  Still snowing like crazy.


Started on dinner before chores...Monday night at the farm with Jen and the boys.

I made chicken helen....


 Brought out the fresh pineapple I carmelized the other day.


















Jen brought a spinach salad.


















Corn, that we froze a few months ago....

















...and homemade lomain.  Finn and Coop liked that the best.



































We read, played my djembe drum, drew......






































played with Sidney....




















and skyped the cousins out in Nevada...Finn read a book to Ariana.

















I took a lot of videos, but you would not want to listen to them!

It's now 9 degrees and taking another dive.  The snow is coming down like crazy...cars are off the road and we are not going anywhere.  It would not surprise me if schools were closed tomorrow.

Tea time.
Night all.

7 comments:

thecrazysheeplady said...

Wheeee! Now that's some snow :-D.

Verde Farm said...

Oh my goodness Lori, our schools would have been closed at the “threat” of this kind of snow :) LOL Looks like you made a great day despite the weather challenges. I would love to see your pink muck boots too. Stay warm and enjoy the white wonderland that will be tomorrow.
Amy

Liesl said...

Your horses look so snug in their blankets.I bet they think the shed is a good idea too! Interesting to see the cat walking around in the snow...It is morning here now so your pictures of supper are making me feel hungry!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you got our mess - stay warm!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hello!! I'm sorry I've not left comments lately, because I've not felt like I have anything to add, and that may be the case today as well...But I wanted to tell you that I really love your pictures with the horses in thier blankets--They look like they should be on the front of a card--And the meal looks just delicious! It sure beats the frozen lunch I'm having!! :-) Hope you're doing well!!

Janice said...

Ah sombody else having winter. I enjoyed helping with the chores,boy I wish I could actually taste that food yum.

sandy said...

Love looking at your snow and of course your dinner!