Followers

Friday, November 5, 2010

AND IT IS STILL RAINING!



















One ugly morning...in the 30s....spitting.  Pretty soon the horse barn will be full of blankets and sheets to go along with the conditions.













Today it was rain sheets.  Why?  These ponies are 31, 30, 26, 23 and 11.  The old guys deserve to be warm if they are going to be outside in all kinds of conditions.


















Fortunately for me, Gary dumps the wheel barrows after I clean the stalls.  And I had to do that twice today.  The rain got stronger with no sign of stopping, so I put the ponies in from 11-4 with some hay.
Of course they made a big mess before I kicked them out to get ready for evening chores.  Round 2.

Went in the house and started on dinner.  Roger and Tina were invited to join us.
I'm not even going to tell you what I made....same old same old.  Wanted to use up the last of the eggplant.


















My buddies kept me company.

















































When the stove is going...I feel like a wet noodle....so relaxed and sleepy.


















No chance for that!  Back out for evening chores.  This picture says it all.  MUD CITY!


















Gar had First Friday this afternoon.  I didn't go...too much to do between making dinner and cleaning stalls for the second time.

When Roger and Tina arrived we had some fruit, cheese and crackers before dinner.































We ate in the dining room for a change.


















Look familiar?


















Gucci and Seymour have the right idea.
Night all.
















Ya know how press people have badges when they go somewhere?  I'm going to make me a fake one for going out on photo shoots.

8 comments:

Verde Farm said...

Another great day at Skoog Farm. Your dinner looks delicious and good for you taking it to the dining room. We don't do that nearly enough :)
Amy

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Nasty, nasty rain, go away!!
Yummy, all that food looks good!!!
I haven't even used my wood stove yet this winter- it needs a part and it's back ordered so we just wrap up to keep warm. And it's Brrrrrr cold!

allhorsestuff said...

Oh Lori, love your sultry, blueish header!!! Awesome.

Oou, that is a muddy mosh pit. Well, I'm doing the blanket thing too...mine is 14 and thin skinned...the trains will be back tomorrow. Had a glorious, sunny, week. I'm sending it to YOU now...so get ready.
That dumping thing...is my least liked action too.I can pick stalls all day, but seems someone over to dump it please!

I smile so much, seeing your cats (they are cats now, so big!) lounging out!
Rest well, friend,
XO
Kac

Gayle said...

Oh, I definitely wouldn't like the rain and mud. I'm not into messy especially with animals. It would be a nightmare with the chickens. I guess I'm lucky we don't get much rain here.

I'm loving my wood stove more and more everyday and we are talking about putting in a second one. The boiler with heated slab is nice to have especially if we are gone all day, but something about instant hot heat when you are cold is so wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Lori & Gary,
Another great dinner at Skoog Farm! Thank you so much for having us!
Awhile ago I told Roger that we should make you a press badge for the SFJ. You beat us to it. Don't think we could have come up with that perfect graphic. Love it!
Thanks again for a delicious dinner.
Tina & Roger

Terry said...

What yucky weather! We are sunny and in the 70s. That never happens here this time of year.

Anonymous said...

Oh your beautiful horses...! I can't wait for us to move in permenantly at Coin Perdu(our mountain home) where we'll have horses too...love it. And you dinner looks warming and comforting...your "buddies" sure look comfortable and warm and happy inside!
bises
Ronelle

Michelle said...

I think your dinner looks great! Whew....a lot of mud to deal with. I would not like that. We have our woodstove going as well. It is so warm and relaxing. I love it.