Followers

Sunday, October 31, 2010

AND I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO KICK SOME BUTT!


















A grey morning....cool, but calm.


















Barb and Gar helped with chores, and by 9:15 we were off to Brockport.



















To the North and West the skies were black....yet right around us it was very bright.











 
 
That dark blue on the horizon is Lake Ontario.












 
















This was the last day for the farm market...and look who was there!  This is Flame, an Alpaca that lives down the road with his 12 buddies.  His owner was there selling hats, socks, mittens, scarves and much more.


































 















He was beautifully sheared and groomed....very friendly.



































You can go to their website to see what is available.

It was bitter for the vendors who had to stand out in the cold for many hours.


















This squash reminded me of an octopus.





































Today I bought cauliflower....half a bushel of squash...


















All these sweet red peppers for two bucks... tomatoes, and of course, donuts (for the last time).

Afterward, we went over to Java for breakfast.  Bobbi (one of the owners) had on a fairy costume.  She borrowed the wings from her daughter....sweet.
































Next, we dropped off some donuts for Finn and Coop...who were helping their Mom carve pumpkins.





















Here I thought I was feeling better, and I felt whipped.

Picked some fresh flowers for the house and hit the couch.  I could have slept all afternoon.


















Gary worked on his boots....while Sidney supervised.






















I finally got up,  and checked on my computer before going out for evening chores...


















I have been putting the horses in just before dark, unless it is really lousy outside.  Much to my surprise, Barb had already tucked them in before I even got out there.













We have had hundreds of geese flying overhead...have you?

Gar and I went to Brockport to check out the Halloween Scene (below) and for now, I'm done.
Night all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice market - ours are almost done too, although we still have our CSA share into early December.

Gayle said...

Again, I have to say, your trees are the most beautiful colors!

I would be in heaven being able to buy produce like that. We don't know what fresh is. I pay $2 for one pepper at the store!!

Funny, but I bet those are the geese that left here a couple months ago!

Sorry to hear you ran out of energy, but it seems to me you did a lot and have a good reason for it.

diane b said...

The grey sky and colourful trees make for a dramatic photo. The produce looks nice and fresh but I'd hate to be selling in the cold. Sorry to hear you are still not back to full strength. Lucky you have help with the chores.

Terry said...

Flame is a cutie. I hope you feel 100% soon.

thecrazysheeplady said...

A fiber sighting :-D