Followers

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

AHAH!

I just figured out (after switching to the new editor) that I can post pictures all day and still have them in order.  Before, they would go above the others and be out of sync.  This will save me time at night when I should be sleeping instead of doing this.  So, here I go...let's see if it works.























When I let the dogs and kittens out, the temperature was 55 degrees and there was mist out back.


















Within minutes the sky started to change.





















The moon was still up to the West.


















As I put hay out in the pasture, the sun was getting very bright.

















It was shining into the barn....






















on the studio....


















The horses were soaking it in....























And the back of the house looked like it was burning with color.



















Yep!  Today we might break the record and hit 77.
















Time for lunch...will post more after my class.  Let's see what they are doing today.


















Mel finished his colored pencil drawing and everyone else was in progress...mostly new projects.  Minor detail...I forgot to take more pictures.























Gary put together two huge frames for me...they used to frame the windows he took out.  He added plywood to the back, primed them,  and I am going to have each student do a painting in one of the squares...acrylics. Could be interesting.  Anything goes.
























Out the East window.  The grass that we planted has not shown up yet.  Maybe this warm weather will get it going.

My body finally gave in to Gary's cold and I have a doozie!  Got me a couple of boxes of Kleenex, cough drops, found my Vicks and am about ready to take a shower and go to bed.  I am SO glad that it is Barb's night to do chores.

Managed to make dinner.  Leftovers...the eggplant etc. recipe I got from Susie of Arabia.  Interestingly enough, she left me a comment today...pleased that I have made that meal...not only once, but twice.
Tonight I warmed everything up and served it with pilaf and Syrian Bread.  Cut up a sweet red pepper, added some cheese and put Italian dressing on it.  A great meal...would be better if I could breath and eat at the same time.




















So I'm saying "uncle" and am done for now.
Night all.

7 comments:

Inger said...

First: I love the picture of the cat in the leaves. Your cat is so pretty and the photo is gorgeous. Looking at blogs this week, it seems like there are so many beautiful cloud formations and colors all of the US. Fall is a beautiful season here. I enjoyed all your photos a lot.--Inger

Anonymous said...

Lovely fall light and color! I love the light at this time of year.

Terry said...

Lovely photos, and I hope the new editor makes it easier for you to post. The only problem I've had with the new editor is an occasional freeze, where I have to get out and back in to post another photo. It's only happened a couple of times, but gr-r-r.

Verde Farm said...

Lori, just beautiful. You continue to amaze me--your an artist as well. That's terrific. Those pics of your home with the sun hitting and the bright leaves--so beautiful.
Amy

Verde Farm said...

Lori, just beautiful. You continue to amaze me--your an artist as well. That's terrific. Those pics of your home with the sun hitting and the bright leaves--so beautiful.
Amy

thecrazysheeplady said...

Your photographs are really nice. Glad you are having better luck with the "editor".

Jill said...

Beautiful shots. It has been unusually warm here as well. Hope you feel better!