Followers

Friday, September 17, 2010

ON THE ROAD AGAIN...MUST BE THE WEATHER...


















This cool weather is putting one beautiful coat on Berlin...it glistens.  Another morning that was smooth sailin'.


Below is one of the hanging toys the kittens play with...they love to bat in around.

















The ponies were in the back pasture, so I went upstairs and swept the loose hay out the back door.















At that time, it was not all the bright outside.  We have had a fair amount of rain and the outdoor arena is very wet again...fortunately the pastures stay pretty nice.














Meanwhile back in the feed room Sidney was going nuts playing with his bouncing boa thingy.  Here he was three bales off the ground, and he managed to jump off and pull it all the way down to the floor.





























I keep a little ladder handy in case he needs help getting up high.  Seymour was out in the garden prowling.

















Ran a few errands.  Hay cubes at Tractor Supply...the bank...Wegmans.

















Back to the farm.  Lunch.  Computer stuff....then I hit the road.  Finally the weather is cool enough and my bike was ready to go.


















I stopped off at a neighbors house (Stites) ... they weren't there, but their flowers were beautiful.



































Home a little after 5.  When I went out to do chores the light was out of this world.




















































I wanted to put the dogs and cats in the house...Sid was hiding in the bushes.


















And Mademoiselle Gucci Poochie 'Lisbet Skoog was in gigantic trouble!  Not only were her feet and belly filthy, she had rolled and both sides of her neck were a mess.  What a piggy!   She had to go into the sink!!!


















I went back out to wait for a grain delivery.









































Sat in one of the rockers on the front porch of Gary's barn .























Back to the house about 7:30 and Gary had made breakfast for dinner.  It was great.

















Time to go put the ponies in.  Night all.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Very nice. Thanks for sharing the day and the music.

Victoria Cummings said...

I wish I could sit on the porch with you in one of those rockers. We're loving these cool nights and perfect Fall days -- and the apples. I enjoy sharing a Honey Crisp with SIlk and Siete. Breakfast for dinner is a favorite of mine!

Sharon Creech said...

I like the way you take us through your day.

Maery Rose said...

That basket on the front of your bike looks a lot like the one on the back of my bike. I rode to the butcher shop and got to carry my take home in mine. Takes so little to thrill me...