Followers

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

THE LOIS MCCLURE VISITED FAIRPORT










This photo was sent to me by Scott Winner who is a winner over in Fairport.   He has stimulated a great deal of activity by working on unique and interesting events.  The Canal Schooner, Lois McClure spent some time in Brockport a couple of years ago and was visited by many, but Fairport had the all time high number for an 8 hour period.  Over 920!

Photo Caption: "A rare gathering and one that is likely only to occur in Fairport; the Lois McClure, her tug, the Churchill, the Emita II, and the Colonial Belle, all in Fairport at the same time, Sunday afternoon".




This almost looks like Europe doesn't it.  I love the canal!

3 comments:

sandy said...

Lori it would be so fun if you wanted to participate. Are you interested in joining in when Wanda does the next art challenge? That would be a start and it would be so fun to have you join us.

sandy said...

Okay I left some instructions over at my blog plus I just posted a note to Wanda under the comment section in her last post.

I hope you join in Lori, the more the merrier.

I will put your link in my sidebar for those who are participating in Wanda's challenges.

Wanda said...

Hi Lori ~ I just got an email from Sandy giving me your blog.
I never had art lessons, but love to watercolor and have for years. Mostly by trial and error. I'm so excited if you would join us. We need someone with your experience as an art teacher. Know you would be able to give us some good pointers.

I have been blogging since 2007 at Brushstrokes from the Heart, and then decided to open a Art Blog just for my art. Several of my blog friends who also love art, join me for a fun thing I call the Art Challenge. I find interesting photos, and put one up, and we all give it a try in whatever medium we enjoy. We've done flowers, butterflies, birds, still life, etc.
Well, I'm rambling! Check us out at my Art Blog.