Followers

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

ANOTHER BUSY ONE!


















Last night Barb emptied a load of sawdust by herself after she did chores.  I could not help as I had bridge.  This is the way the barn looked when I opened the door this morning.  Love it like this!  I had done the stalls the day before, and she added to King Mustafa's and did the run in.  This old barn is not fancy, but it sure does have character.

















Did chores quickly as this was the first day of chorus.















Seymour and Sid still prefer the porch on Gary's barn and hang out there most of the day.


Got to chorus around 10 and did not get one decent picture.  We are doing a lot of Gershwin music this semester.

After lunch the farrier arrived.

















All the horses were very cooperative and ready to fall asleep.  They are loving this cooler weather...we are too.


















Masterpiece was the 4th to be trimmed.  This 31 year old amazes me.  Before he came in he was cantering out in the pasture.  He was a very swollen (with arthritis) knee that he can hardly bend and was messing around.  John, is so good with him.  He can't bend his leg back, but will allow it to be placed on a stand.  I've never had a horse with more heart!


















Sidney has finally started to grow.  Today I was looking at Wanda's Art Blog and there were several drawings of him, Seymour and Bermuda.  I had sent her about 50 photos a few days ago, she decided to use the cats.... and there they were.  Now, I need to get a drawing done myself so I can really participate.  Check out her link.  Do you want to participate?


















While John was doing the horses feet, his dog (Duncan) waited in the truck.  He had some time to run around before they left.

















Barb got here around 3 and Mustafa was the last to be trimmed.  This is his third time with John and he has been better and better each time.  His feet are looking great.


















Since Barb was here, she did chores again.  What a break.  So I invited Jenny and the boys up for dinner.































After we ate, she went to an open house at Finn's school, and the boys played out in the yard with Gary until it was almost dark.  Boy did it get cold.


































I'moutaheahhhhh.
Night all.

9 comments:

Jo said...

Oh I love the windmill and the moon in the last photo. And I love Masterpiece, and the cats and the dog in the truck and all the lovely horses. And the old barn with character. And your two lovely grands. I simply love visiting your blog, Lori. Reading it always leaves me with a warm feeling. Have a wonderful day. Blessings Jo

Sharon Creech said...

Beeee-u-teee-ful!!

Louise said...

Good farriers are worth their weight in gold. You seem to have found one. Seymour is getting to look more like a cat than a kitten. And, Sidney may turn out to be like my Becky Cat. She's tiny, with huge eyes, and, at 10, she still looks kind of kittenish.

Jill said...

Sidney is getting larger! Beautiful picture of the inside of your barn. Duncan looks like he could just drive off on his own.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Your barn definitely has GREAT character!

Sharon Creech said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I found yours by linking from another--I think it was Birdman's daily photo blog. . .tho it might have been another of those. Are you near us? I love your Chautauqua connection!! I felt there was *some*thing sympatico in your photos.

Sharon Creech said...

Correction: I think I linked to you through Greenwich Daily Photo. . .

sandy said...

So it's already getting cold there? Enjoyed the pics and the boys are so cute.

I like your new blog.

i hope some of your students join in Wanda's Challenge, more would be fun.

Frank said...

The light streaming in the barn is so painterly. The fam life looks so perfect. Is it starting to get cooler up your way? We are still hoping the hurricanes continue to steer into the north Atlantic and skip Floroida altogether.