Followers

Thursday, August 26, 2010

THE CAT'S MEOW...

The sun was shining on this sign we have over the stove before I went out to do chores. The people who owned the house before us left it.
Gucci and Phoebe started off the day with wrestlemania.
Mary Pat brought these flowers yesterday to thank me for posting her flyer. The sun was shining on them too.

Eventually we got out to the barn. I am letting the kittens out of the carrier further and further away from the barn...my goal is to have them follow me from the house.
I don't know what happened...today Bermuda came down the stairs and wanted to be fed. I put him in the feed room and he stayed there for at least half an hour. He's not too hot for Seymour and Sid.

Have you ever seen a kitten stay so small for such a long time?


The cool morning air felt great...the sky was exceptional all day.


Can you see all those pigeons on the barn roof? Just what I don't need.
I clapped my hands and they all took off.

Went out in the gardens on the hunt for tomatoes. Got some beets too. I invited Judy over for dinner.


Gary went back to painting the East side of the indoor. Fortunately it was primed a long time ago.

I did evening chores and wheeled in the boys. They don't seem to mind.

Judy is a vegetarian...so we had a very veggie dinner.
Crusty rolls...

Cantaloupe, green grapes and blueberries.

Fresh cucumber pickles.

A big salad with mixed greens...everything else was from the gardens (tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, onion and red pepper).

A side of green and yellow squash Parmasan.

and corn on the cob.

I could not get a good shot of the moon...it was very dramatic.

So I took some shots in the dark.


Do you remember the two sculptures from the garden?









Time to put the horses in.

Night all.

5 comments:

Horses Are Our Lives said...

you sure have fun days! I think your animals make it very enjoyable. I have a trail ride that I'm leaving for tomorrow, but when I get back, I think I'll take day long pics like that, too! And I can't believe the number of photos that you have taken in the last few years! wow!

Jill said...

Beautiful photos! That Sid is a tiny little thing. Bermuda looks very content. Love his long white whiskers.

Terry said...

That face closeup in the moonlight made me laugh!

Victoria Cummings said...

We had yellow and green squash just like that tonight and it was so tasty- this has been a very good summer for tomatoes too and the peaches were amazing! Lucky kitties to be going back and forth from house to barn getting the best of both worlds. The moon was so bright last night that I thought someone was shining a light in my bedroom window - gorgeous! I'll bet your white horse in the moonlight is really magical.

Xtreme English said...

Sid is adorable! and OMGoodnsss, but that supper looks fabulous!!!