Followers

Sunday, July 18, 2010

THAT'S MORE LIKE IT!

Barb helped me with chores this morning (so did Gary). I could not be more fortunate! This woman goes above and beyond everyday and loves my horses as much as I do.
The humidity was down and there was a great breeze. I don't think I even broke a sweat!
By a little after 9 Gary and I were at Java meeting Jen for coffee/breakfast.
The girl at the register is Aliza...Seymour is at her house with all the kittens. She said that yesterday, 5 of them were sleeping up next to him.
Gar, Jen and I walked over to the market. We scoped everything out and started buying...fresh made donuts first.
Each week more and more is available.







I love having the market next to the Canal...such atmosphere, and the boaters must love it.


We loaded up with fresh produce and headed home.

The village has such an inviting atmosphere.





Here's what we bought today...apricots, plums, radishes, zuchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, cucumbers and three donuts.

Yesterday, when I was watching Lidia on PBS she made Italian Onion Soup. Nothing like French Onion. I decided to give her recipe a shot and it was SUPER DELICIOUS! We will have it for lunch or dinner tomorrow (I'll post a picture of the finished product)...Jenny tested it today.
Saute a sliced clove of garlic in a pot (in olive oil). Slice up 5 or 6 onions into rings and throw them in....add salt and some red pepper flakes (not too many)...maybe a little paprika. Stir and cook until translucent. Add a large can of crushed tomatoes (or crushed fresh plums) and simmer for 45 minutes ( I added a tablespoon of sugar to cut the acid). To serve, put a piece of toasted Italian bread in the bottom of a bowl, top with mozzarela cheese and add soup. If you don't have that, just top the soup with some romano cheese and dip with Italian bread. In case the soup is too thick, add a little boiling water to thin it out.

Barb came back this afternoon with a great new mask for King Mustafa...on sale down at Country Max. It was so nice I went down and bought one for each of my horses.
They are very, very light and fit well.

Gary had duty at the Welcome Center and I mowed a couple of pastures. Jenny and the boys came up to give PC the treatment! Groomed and pampered.
They stayed until about 4:30 and went home to get going on some dinner.
Dumb me...I grained the horses and set up the hay when Barb showed up and told me she was on duty tonight! That will teach me to check out the calendar!

At 6:30 we went down to the Finks for dinner. We had everything out on their patio and the conditions were mint.
There is a little water fountain in the blue pot and the sound was so peaceful.
Dinner? Last night their son Andrew had a big BBQ catered by the Dinosaur BBQ and they had so much food leftover we were invited down to help them out.
Ribs, chicken, Italian sausage, salt potatoes and cajun corn. I stuck with the ribs.
The gardens were beautiful and this finch kept us company.
Alicia is taking a drawing class at the Memorial Art Gallery, and I gave her a few hot tips to help her out. She creates fabulous jewelery out of her head and would like to be able to design it on paper first.
OOPS! Time for those ponies to go in.
Night all.

8 comments:

Louise said...

What a lovely Sunday. I love the way she has that blue pot fountain set up.

Anonymous said...

A great day! Love the picture of Barb and Pony!

Anonymous said...

You live in a beautiful little town. And the market is super. I'm always amazed at how busy you are every single day.

pinkglitterfae said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. That soup recipe sounds wonderful!

restoration42 said...

Just love coming over for a visit, always sure to see such lovely images.

Gayle said...

The market looks great. I should take a trip down to our market on Wed. Some fresh cucumbers sound great.

colleen said...

I am always amazed at all that you manage to do in one day. Great shots.

thecrazysheeplady said...

I love those fly masks. My stupid horses though must hate them, as they pull them off and throw them over the fence. And then look MISERABLE with their entire faces covered with flies.