Followers

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

PROGRESS

By 7:20 this truck arrived to pump out our septic tank...good morning!!!!!
Sunshine, low humidity....not too hot in the barn.
After chores I drove over to Renaissance Equestrian Center to pick up a cat crate from my friend Dawn. I want to create a nice home for Seymour and Sidney so they can spend part of the day in the house and part of the day in the barns. First they will have to learn that this is home and horses are big. I passed this field on the way. Classic.

Gary was out digging out the covers for the septic tanks by 6:30 am and he had them covered before my class arrived. So much for our back yard looking better than usual.

Four people were in class today. Fran finished her mixed media piece.

Tina transferred her drawing to pastel paper and is ready to roll.

One of my students from (high school) is now an art teacher. She sent me several blank crowns to decorate...they are for children in the hospital and Amy has collected many. Donna did the one below.
And this one is mine. They will be laminated before they go to the children.

The onions that had a lot of sun are ready to eat...the ones surrounded by weeds are smaller. Gary has been so busy, he could not possibly keep up with all of our gardens. We shall see how this ends...there were over 1500 onions planted. He said he has learned his lesson and will not plant so many onions in the future...just garlic.
The afternoon was beautiful...it was only around 80 today...much easier to deal with.

Barb did chores tonight. I'm really loving my breaks.

I was given a gift certificate to Grampa Sam's for taking photos of my friend Pam. She joined a new real estate firm and needed them for her cards and signs. Pam has the kitty camp where Seymour and his brother Sidney are in a holding pattern for a couple more days.
The dogs watched us leave....
Our dinners were great...starting with a perfect family style salad. Gary had the special - Eggplant Pomodoro served over tortellini and I had Penne Bolognase. Mine was better than his and we took half of it home for lunch tomorrow. Thanks Pam!
The village of Spencerport looks better and better all the time. Their Main Street and Canal area are very well kept.
On the way home, the sky was putting on a spectacular show.

By the way...Gary did a lot of work in the Studio Barn today. The outside of the windows is done and he has started finishing off the inside. Can't wait to move my Art Tables out there.

Night all.

3 comments:

Gayle said...

I planted onions for the first time this year. How do I know when to pull them? Emily was asking me today and I am clueless.

Are you planning for the cats to be outdoor cats or cats that follow you out and then come back in? Once upon a time 20 years ago I had five cats! Loved them dearly, but we have allergies to die from now so no cats for us. Hope you enjoy them.

Anonymous said...

I screamed with laughter when I saw you were getting your septic tank emptied! Because we do that way too often here too. I thought we were the last people to have a septic tank.
Have a great day!

Louise said...

Sometimes I think you live the almost perfect life. Good food, good friends and horses.