Followers

Thursday, July 8, 2010

I'VE REACHED MY CAPACITY!

Once again I was soaked doing chores. Any movement brought on drops of water running off my face.
The horses still went out in the pasture. I brought in Pony and PC...attempted to clip more hair off them. They were each very happy to stand in front of the fan.
A thermometer is outside of Gary's barn on the porch. This is what it said at 10:45. Actually, it was JUST in the 90s and MUGGY.

Ariana went to visit friends of her Mom's for the afternoon and I took Finn and Coop over to Christina's World....again. Thank you thank you thank you.



Below is a shot of Tina and Roger's house as seen in my rear view mirror.
And their beautiful stone wall...
Did evening chores early as we were going into Rochester at 6:30. The horses must hate this heat as much as I do. They sweat and roll and go in by the fan and sweat more.....


Jenny picked up the boys and Gar and I got cleaned up before Bill and Monika arrived to chauffeur us in.. We had tickets to see a YOUNG @ HEART performance at the Auditorium Theater. The age range for this group is 73-89 and they do a lot of rock songs. It was founded in 1982 and they have traveled all over the world (not to mention their gigs in the US).
A movie was made about them(documentary that was shown on PBS as well as Sundance and many other places) a couple of years ago... the Premier was held in Rochester.
It's Director, Bib Cilman, is from here (Brighton) and it was our first introduction to this group. It meant even more to us as we are in a chorus.

There's Jean...our accompanist!
Helga did not want her picture taken.
I was very surprised to see Madonna and her daughter Jennifer there. Hope they enjoyed it.
The theater was beautiful and every seat was filled. A great show.
Here is a short clip of the performance. Below is a video of the most refreshing part of the day.


Night all.

5 comments:

Gayle said...

So nice to have good friends and a pool to visit during your hot days. We got hot today and I loved it. Didn't work much though.

Louise said...

I hear you on the heat. It has reached the point where I have to force myself outdoors. I'm glad that you have a pool to go to and cool off.

Terry said...

Except for the heat, it looked like a lovely day spent with family and friends. Love the photos of the kids in the pool!

Grey Horse Matters said...

That's a beautiful new header today. This weather is too hot for anyone. I think our horses like going on night turnout and staying in during the day under the fans. I think it's going to break this weekend. Stay cool. Wish I was in the pool with the children. They look like they are having a great time.

Unknown said...

It's very hot here too. The children love the swimming pool. They stay long to play various games.
See you soon
Phyto