Followers

Monday, July 5, 2010

THE HEAT'S ON! AND I'M READY TO GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN!!!

Chore time and it was already in the 70s and going up. Did not make me very happy. There was a decent breeze and the horses spent a good deal of time in the pasture...except for Pony. She hangs around until I'm done, hoping to get a handful of grain.
Barb came over and continued to spoil me ...a holiday from her regular job and a good deal for me. Never before, has anyone been so helpful.
The dogs were panting whenever they were out in the yard.
Fortunately this was a grooming day and they would be much cooler by 3pm.
At 11 I dropped them off at Sherri's...they were not too excited. Then I went to Ryan's Grocery as there were some great sales in the produce department. I got corn on the cob, cherries, grapes, bananas, vadalia onions, cucumbers and a gazillion other things. Jenny and the kids would be arriving late afternoon and I wanted to have dinner ready and waiting.
Picked the dogs up at 3 and had a tour of the facility. Sherri competes in Agility with her two Boarder Collies and has an amazing setup that she shares.
She has a huge fenced in back yard with all the obstacles.... a pond for swimming (in addition to a kiddie pool for dogs who are not interested in the pond), and a huge enclosed area set up with another course. Sherri used to work her dogs in my indoor several years ago. She is some trainer!
On the way home we stopped at Tractor Supply to pick up some hay cubes and pellets.
The pups like to go in with me and do very well when I push around one of those big carts.
When we got back home I watered a few plants and finished making dinner. Turkey meatball subs, corn on the cob, salad etc. Jenny and the kids had a great time on their trip, but were glad to be home. A little tired, I'm sure.

Jenny, Finn and Coop went home and I went out to do chores. Still steamy.

I took out Pony's soaked hay cubes...that I mix with her grain.
Soaked beet pulp...all of the horses get a big ladle full each meal....
Carrots and an apple...which they get in the evening as they are very spoiled. (They each get one carrot and 1/5 of an apple).
Then, I put the grain in their buckets, add the above ingredients...stir it and serve it. Except for King Mustafa, who gets one of his supplements morning and night, the rest of the horses only get them in the morning.
Check out the new hairdoooooosssss.
They are silky clean....still panting.
So I put them in a kiddie pool....they could learn to like this...like Sheba in Niger and all the pups out at Dream Valley Ranch.
Now, Ariana is working on a post for her new journal "It's All About Cookie." Click on her link to see what she has been doing since last Thursday.
Off to put in the ponies. Night all.

5 comments:

Terry said...

Lucky horses! Yum.
The dogs look spiffy in their new hairdos.

Gayle said...

I bet the pups are lovin' their hair cut. Blow some of that heat down to me...not so beautiful here right now.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Handy and T-Bone just called and said they were on the road to your barnyard ;-).

Louise said...

We're just not used to this kind of weather around here. It's miserable. I walked early, hoping to beat the heat, but no way. I got home covered in sweat, and a couple of deer fly bites.

The dogs look adorable in their new hairdos. Good idea to set up the kiddie pool. I may do the same, just so I can soak my feet in it.

Val Ewing said...

Hot and Humid here in WI with more rain on the way.
I was ankle deep in mud in the garden.

The dogs look absolutely wonderful!
Your horses are so well cared for, that is a pleasure to see !!!