Followers

Monday, July 19, 2010

BARN CLOTHES ALL DAY!

Berlin was waiting for me when I went out to the barn. A pretty decent temperature this morning...no fan needed.


I soloed on the chores and was finished by 9. We had a few sprinkles, but it did not keep me from mowing the lawn and around the pastures.
Gary continued to work on the Studio Barn for most of the day. All of the windows are in and he will trim them up tomorrow. Then some insulation and filling the walls in where the pool filter used to sit. I'd like to have them appropriate and safe so we could put a pellet or wood stove in that area. I've decided to put my studio tables out there and will hold classes until it is too cold. Then we'll see what happens...it will allow me to rearrange the library and dining room. Gary is going to put his desk and a nice reading chair out there too...an area rug and whatever it takes to make it nice and cozy. The light will be fantastic. I also have a very nice set of components waiting to be hooked up so we will have some good sounds.

The afternoon was very clear and sunny...the pups enjoyed romping around.

We are still seeing new lilies everyday. Below is my favorite color.


Actually, they are all pretty rich looking....



Here is a pretty poor photo of the Italian Onion Soup I made yesterday. I was too lazy to go to the store for some cheese and Italian bread, so I grilled a couple of hoggie rolls and used Romano cheese. The onions were so sweet...delicious.
A side salad with Wegman's Greek yougert dressing. We ate before chores tonight as Gary went down to watch Finn and Cooper for a couple of hours while Jenny went to her stock club meeting.
By 7pm there was shade in the pasture they were in today, so they could enjoy eating with cooler temperatures.
PC got another good grooming when I was finished tonight. I don't know if it's his age (31) or what, but I can pull the hair out on his barrel. He manages to get around, even tho his blown up knee hardly allows his leg to bend.
Abbe agreed to model her new mask. They are so soft, I love them.
I've had my shower, this post is done....and I am going to watch "The Closer" at 9. It is one of the few decent shows during the summer that is not a repeat. I don't know about you, but i think TV is pretty lame at this time of the year.

Night all.

7 comments:

photogchic said...

TV is pretty good on HBO right now:-) I love TrueBlood...the whole vampire thing right now is kind of fun. I watch so much animal planet and RFD...

restoration42 said...

Every time I hear about your class I wish I lived where I could participate. When it comes to TV, I resort to Hulu. Haven't bought one of those new fangled units yet.

Gayle said...

The lilies are just beautiful. I like the new masks...you can see the faces with these one.

Gail said...

Charming animals, beautiful flowers and good food...heaven!

mj said...

That first photo of Berlin in the barn door is a wonderful shot. He does look like he is wailing for you and is anticipating his new day too.
Lovely post ... as usual.

Terry said...

Your daylilies are gorgeous, and I love the coneflower header. In fact, your property is lookin' good!

Diary From Africa said...

Sorry I haven't 'visited' you much lately, Lori - but have been reading your blog through my Google reader. I see you are keeping very busy as ever, love the photos you posted today (your lilies are so much like the ones I have growing in my garden here in Africa !), the soup looked yummy .... and glad to hear that all the Skoog Farm animals are all doing well. Have a super day !