Followers

Sunday, June 6, 2010

SO LET'S HAVE OUR RAIN ALL AT ONCE!

I got up a little before 7 and it was still pouring. At 4:50am it was going like gangbusters so I put on a raincoat, got an umbrella and went out to close the doors of the indoor before it got wet in there....just in time...it had started coming in the East door. Attempted to go back to sleep but with little success.
Boy did we get blasted. Check out the outdoor arena.
The front paddock....
Ironically, after I grained the horses they went out to the back pasture and grazed regardless of the weather. Maybe it felt good to them.


I went to Wegmans for a major load of groceries and when I got home, invited Jenny and her family to dinner. I bought some chocolate/peanut butter chips and made the boys some cookies.
Used the regular recipe, but added a cup of granola at the end.


All the petals on the peonies were dropping so I had to cut some new flowers for the kitchen table


When Jen and family arrived, the boys had a little batting practice.
Finn is such a natural, he amazes me...and he is only 6.



Gary was in charge of the grill and I got things ready inside. Jen and Coop supervised.

We had....corn on the cob...
A spinach salad...
...macaroni salad....sliders, turkey and veggie burgers.
A real picnic. Fortunately the skies cleared up by late afternoon.

When I went out to do chores Jen and the boys came along. They were pretty psyched to see the big "pond" and decided to put a boat in it.



Finished setting up the ponies for the evening and headed back to the house.

Coop was lovin the cookies. They left before 8 and I need some rest...getting up early has me feeling pretty tired about now.


It's a hit! Finn at bat.....

Night all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of water! Hope things dry out soon - we got some storms but not too much.

Christine said...

There's just something about puddles, they always attract a boy and a boat. :)

Louise said...

Yikes, that is some ponding! Rain like we had yesterday makes me glad that I'm on sand, the water sinks right in. As always, though, you made a good day out of it.

Val Ewing said...

Apparently we've had a 'ton' of water at home where I am flying back to in a couple of hours.

Stay dry and healthy!

Gayle said...

What an incredible amount or rain. Hope it soaks in soon. The dinner looked so yummy. Wish I enjoyed cooking!