Followers

Friday, June 4, 2010

ALL OVER THE PLACE...

On my way out to the barn I decided to cut down some weeds next to the paddock gate, and there was this toad. He seemed stunned and almost lifeless, so picked him up...dipped him in some water and sat him on these leaves in the shade. I'm not sure where he went.
A moderate morning...in the 60s. Chores as usual. Barb is back in town and Dream is going to end up leaving tomorrow afternoon.

Today we did many things...went to Stockham Lumber to pick up more paint for the barn...


The dogs went to the vet for their heartworm tests and pills. What a rip. Ivermectin for a horse can be purchased for $2.99 and is for a 1200 pound animal. For a dog it costs over 10 times as much and they only weigh 15 or 16 pounds. We get taken to the cleaners in so many ways.
I must say tho, that our small animal vet is as good as they get...would not trade him for anything.

Gary wanted to take some scapes (from the garlic) out to the Carlton Grill...
So we met Tina and Roger out there for lunch.

Tina had a Reuben...
Roger and I had BBQued beef....
Gary had a fish sandwich. Excellent as usual.





New flowers were blooming so I took a few shots.



Our spinach is out of control from the rain, so I picked as much as I could and called friends to do the same.
It makes the best salads ever...
Gary got pretty far on the front of the barn. If it doesn't rain, he should have that part rolled and finished by tomorrow night. When he's done I am going to put in some red geraniums.

A new shop/gallery had an opening tonight and we were invited. It is called "A Different Path Gallery," and is going to be a great addition to our community.
Jeff M. was there with his drums and I spent an hour and a half drumming. Loved it. There's a video at the end of this post...sorry I did not think of doing it sooner when all the drums were being used.
Lots of good food.
Great art....
and very interesting items for sale in the shop part.





Below is the owner...an artist, whose husband works at the college.

Outside the building she installed these gorgeous window boxes.



Home a little after 7:30 and Barb was finishing up chores. Perfect temperature today, not too hot.
I'm thirsty...signing off.

Drumming at the gallery....



Night all.

3 comments:

Louise said...

Tell me about the small animal vet charges. It's not only the Ivermectin, but it's always killed me that you pay around $100 to float a horses teeth, but a cleaning for a cat will run at least $300, and that's only if there are no extractions required.

Loved the drumming video.

Gayle said...

I can't believe the size of that toad. I'm lucky if I ever see a tiny small frog. Love the new art shop. Everything is so colorful.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Such a handsome toad. A very rare critter for us to see here. We only see them when they emerge after a rain....which of course we only get a few rains all year.

Which is why we don't have such a beautiful overabundance of spinach or any veggies for that matter.

I've given up gardening, because of the lack of rain. If you miss a day or watering, everything wilts and dries up.

Now we've got this crazy heat wave...record for our area this time of year. Today it was 98 degrees! But it was 104 degrees in Albuquerque, so I guess we can't complain too much. lol!

The barn is looking great, but I'm still partial to your red barn. Gun metal grey just does't have the same pastoral look as beautiful barn red :)
But I know that those gorgeous red geraniums (my favorite flower!) will really pop against the new barn color.

Speaking of flowers, your flower pics are lovely!


~Lisa