Followers

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

AND THE RAINS FINALLY CAME...

There was silver in the sky this morning...another beauty.
When I opened the gate to the back pasture I noticed that Malcom was out back working on some equipment. He and his son plant 120 acres around our farm and I was curious as to what they were growing this year. Corn in the front and peas in the back. That was one big honkin' tractor.

Dream wondered what was taking me so long. I had to hustle...a lot was going on today.
Cleaned the stalls...Gar came out to help. In the house around 9:30 for a quick shower before going to chorus practice.
First we sang at the Senior Center....
Then we went over to a local nursing home for a second performance. We are definitely improving. We sang for hours!!!!
Got home a little before 4 and crashed for awhile. Dinner? A BIG salad...
Pumpernickel bread topped with a little cheddar cheese....
and leftover potato salad.
Barb came over to see King Mustafa and stayed out in the barn after I went in the house.
It started to pour. I'll bet our spinach is 2 inches tall by morning...it has been very dry.
This was easy! Didn't have time to take my usual outrageous number of photos today.
Night all.

3 comments:

Louise said...

Mmmmmm, lovely rain. Though I had to run out and put the annuals that I bought in the garage, after I heard that the forecast was for severe thunderstorms, and possible hail. Not that I saw any, just heavy, heartening rain.

Callie Brady said...

Love looking at your photos and reading about your day.

Victoria Cummings said...

I don't enjoy thunderstorms, but all this rain is certainly making everything shoot up and become intensely green. After singing for so long, I'm amazed you could fix anything that delicious for dinner. You must have given so much joy to the people who heard you sing! What a wonderful thing to do.