Followers

Friday, April 16, 2010

THERE'LL BE A CHANGE IN THE WEATHER...

Out to the barn at 7:30. Berlin was ready for breakfast.
Grained the herd and put their hay in the big pasture.
The clouds looked like they were outlined with silver.


Jack called and said the lawn tractor was working, so I made trip 2 down to Apple Creek Farm.
Didn't it start to rain????? I was only half done.

Stopped at the bank on the way home. All the trees were bursting with blossoms. Many years ago, when Wegmans wanted to build here, part of the deal was landscaping. They did an amazing job and this has to be the best year yet. The trees are getting big and everything is so established.
After lunch I put the dogs in the car and we went back down to Apple Creek Farm (trip 3) so I could finish mowing the lawn.

Louise had beautiful lilies in the kitchen.
On the way home I stopped at Tractor Supply for a bag of Safe Choice (can't get a delivery until Tuesday morning...and won't make it). Pellets were on sale so I got four bags.
They had chicks and ducks for sale...said they sell about 150 each week.
Gucci watched as my purchases were loaded into the back of the car.
We had a little more rain...caught some shots of the tulips that have started coming on strong.

The pups scanned the scene.
Ate dinner at a more reasonable hour tonight. BBQued chicken breasts with onions and carrots...baked sweet potatoes and coleslaw. It was delish. I make a pretty decent BBQ sauce.
Barb P. was doing chores tonight, but I went out around 6 to put the pellets in a couple of the stalls. Kind Mustafa now has a harem. ALL the mares surround him and he is loving it.




A little before 7 we drove to Brockport.
The magnolia trees were in full bloom...several on Main Street.

We met Carol and Topper at the Strand...they wanted to see a movie and we said ok.

Afterward we went over to the Diner for Coffee and Dessert.
It is kitty corner from the Strand.
On our way back to the car I took some night shots...I will spare you and just post one.
Home by 9:40 and it was getting darn cold. Tomorrow it may not even make 40.

Night all.

2 comments:

photogchic said...

I love chickens...working on finding a nice coop. We are allowed 3 chickens in the city as long as they are hens. The boyfriend isn't liking the idea...but he is caving.

Anonymous said...

Love the big guy with his harem!