Followers

Thursday, April 15, 2010

PROGRESS

A little cloudy this morning, but warmer than it was yesterday.
When the pups and I went out to the barn, I opened and closed gates so the ponies would know which pasture to go in. Dream was sticking her head out the back window watching me.
By now, the clouds were disappearing and it was very bright.
Chores went quickly...Gary came out and helped me today. Was that nice! Gordy F. came up to get some manure for his gardens. Of course I had to get his picture, as his wife checks out my blog.
Gucci and Phoebe are loving their spring haircuts...they are so soft and temporarily smell good.
I headed over to Apple Creek Farm to mow the lawn, but did not get very far as the mower would not kick in. Hopefully Jack will figure it out and I will have to go back.
The gardens were full of color.
Louise is a Master Gardner and has done a fabulous job with the landscaping.
After lunch, all hell broke loose. Doug N. showed up to remove our manure pile....
and within 5 minutes Gordy B. came over to roto til the rings.
Horse pals....you would love to ride on this! I have not added sand for over 15 years, and every spring it fluffs right back up.
I have never added sand to the indoor and it was built in '92. No dust either.
Check it out. This beats the heck out of my drag (and makes it much easier for me to maintain when I have to use it).
Doug was trying to escape before I got my camera out...so shy????
Gary had Gordy roto til in a couple of spots on the south side of our property and Doug did the north gardens....we are good to go. Hopefully the spinach will be planted tomorrow.
Gar had a late afternoon meeting, and I went out to pick pastures and do chores.
All of a sudden, Abbe thinks King Mustafa is something special...no more chasing.

By the way, all the fields around us have also been groomed to perfection.
This early spring has been quite amazing.
I lost my head and shot straight into the sun on my way back to the house.
Got our tax refund today and decided to go out for dinner and save the rest for house projects.

We went to the neighboring town of Churchville. The trees lining the Main Street were loaded with blossoms...it was beautiful
We ate at the Johnson House. It's been there as long as I can remember and is known for it's steaks and atmosphere. Downstairs, low light, grand piano, cozy.....
Home by 8:40 and ready to relax.

Night all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful day! And I love, love, love your arenas - indoors and out - can I have them, please?

Ingrid de Villiers said...

Dear Lori

What a lovely post with beautiful photographs! I love the blossoms.....new life!

CoyoteFe said...

Is this not a classic Skoog Farm post? The girls look very pretty with their new haircuts. Your fields and flowers are attractive. Neighbors dropped by. Steak dinner even! All very Skoog-Americana. Thanks!

Jo said...

Wow, Lori, all those gorgeous horse "cameos" in the doors and the beautiful sky. Not to mention the sand and its patterns. I love "strolling" through your farmyard and sharing your life. Thanks for that!

mj said...

Among all the wonderful pics is that standout shot of Dream watching you from the barn. Lovely shot!