Followers

Friday, April 30, 2010

JUST LIKE A SUMMER DAY...

I was out doing chores when my friend Judy arrived. Got the ponies turned out...
and stopped for a little while to talk to her. When Gary got home from Java, he finished up the stalls.
It's hard to believe that the rhubarb is ready. Filled a basket and did not end up making a pie this afternoon. Tomorrow....
At 10 I met my class at the Seymour Library to take down our show. The month went by quickly.
On the way home I stopped to have my friend Helen sign my latest book. One of her paintings is on the title page. Below is Bellini...he was waiting for me at the door.
I don't know if he even weighs 6 pounds....adorable.
Yesterday Gary decided that the indoor needs to be painted and today he started putting on the primer. I can't decide on the color...should it remain red? A deep grey so it goes with the old barns? or dark green so it goes with the green metal roof and the studio barn? What do you think?
Flowers, flowers everywhere.





The temperature must have gone up to 70 today...positively gorgeous. Decided to have dinner on the back porch.
Judy brought fresh ravioli and a loaf of bread and I made a salad.
Gary was still painting when she got here. I can't imagine how many gallons of primer he is going to need.
The horses were playing...with this new camera I can take photos from the back porch.
When it gets warm out, I love to drink sun tea.
So here's what we had for dinner....


Delicious and our debut on the porch. Loved it.
My first real bird shot....need more practice.

We stayed outside until it was nearly dark....
Then we went in and watched a very predictable movie.
The dogs would not leave Judy alone. A very nice day.
Night all.

4 comments:

rebecca said...

Indeed it was a nice day! You lead such a rich life, you're an inspiration Lori! The pics are nice as usual, Bellini is adorable (I want him!) and I say RED!

photogchic said...

I can't believe you have rhubarb already..wow! Rhubarb Custard...yum! I love your horse place mats...very cute.

Louise said...

Yesterday was a very beautiful day. The kind of "get things done" day that I just love. Your pictures, as always, are wonderful. I vote red.

Victoria Cummings said...

I love your porch! The lights make it look really magical. I miss not having a big porch like we had when we lived in California. There's a small one off of my mom's bedroom and we're going to put a table on it so we can sit and watch the horses in the pasture. Isn't this weather wonderful?