Followers

Monday, April 12, 2010

EASE ON DOWN...

Can anyone name the flower in the first photo? I need to find out for Rebecca!
I already got a response from Tina...it is an IMPERIAL CROWN LILY. Thanks (now if I could just remember this information).

Today I tried four different cameras. My trusty Sony sort of died, so I tried a Canon Power Shot A560. The batteries ran out of gas. Used my good Canon Power Shot SX2oIS and bought a new little 12MP Sony Cyber Shot (with a new clean case) that I can have on me in the barn.
Another fabulous morning...clear skies, a little crispy and bright.
The sun was shining into Dream's suite.
All the horses were together again...they had three pastures. KM stayed in the back pasture most of the day and I did not catch Pony bugging him. I finished chores by 9:30. Much easier with all of them in one herd.

I left the farm for about half an hour to get my new camera and have really slowed down my pace. After lunch I went out and did some serious grooming...today it was Abbe's turn, but Masterpiece volunteered to join us, so he not only got a once over, I used the clippers to get off some of his long hairs. Of course I was covered with hair and had a lot on the floor.


Didn't go out to do evening chores until a little after 7. Barb was already out there (on her night off) and had almost everything done. She is amazing. Her husband put up a new feeder in King Mustafa's stall. Believe me, this horse is in heaven.

Gary spent much of the afternoon planting onions. He bought 1000 sets! This could take awhile.
I had to whistle for Pony, Dream and KM. The other horses were already in and they were still in the back 40. I'm very impressed at how quickly KM got into the routine.

About dinner! I'm no Ree Drummond, but here's what we had.

I sauted onions, peppers, mushrooms and a tomato...
Threw it all in a pie plate and topped with 4 large eggs beaten with a little half and half.
Finished it off with swiss cheese.
Served with a side of potatoes and onions along with toasted English muffins.
Comfort food and very easy to prepare.
Below I am experimenting with my new little camera.
They are all so different it is frustrating.
Time out.

Night all.

6 comments:

photogchic said...

I love the photo of the light shining through the barn window..reminds me of my grandpa's barn.

Louise said...

Well, being me, it's the food photos that got my attention. Mmmmmmm, that egg dish sure looks good.

Can't help with the flower. I've never seen one like it, but, it sure is pretty.

Anonymous said...

Lori,
That 1st picture is of Imperial Crown Lily (Fritallaria Imperialis).

I tried to plant some a few years ago. They still come up but never blossom. Love their exotic appearance.
Tina

elvira pajarola said...

Carissima Lori...
Thanks so much for your kind comment and now to the facts:

http://imaging.nikon.com/products/imaging/lineup/lens/af/dx/af-s_dx_18-200mmf_35-56g_ed_vr2/index.htm

http://imaging.nikon.com/products/imaging/lineup/digitalcamera/slr/d90/index.htm

Just copy and paste into google and you will find my loved oldy Nikon D90 and my "superloved" 18-200mm Zoom-Nikkor lens.....both just fantastic!!!!!
At the moment I do use only these two; the only reason: I know them "throughoughly"...!!!!
Of course I have got a little new "camera" dream....... but it has to wait a little more!!!!

Your Header is just a Pic for an OSCAR!!!!!!!! It's wonderful and really a very touching, artful photo!!!!!! Compliments!!!!!!!

A presto ed un caro abbraccio!!!!
ciao ciao elvira

Jill said...

Beautiful lily! Beautiful photos!

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

Your header photo and the one of the light shining into the barn are FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!