Followers

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

WE ARE ON A ROLL AGAIN....

Yep! Another morning with a beautiful sunrise...

Can't help it!

It's very difficult NOT to take pictures.

The the door of our bedroom looked as tho there was a spotlight on it.




Mademoiselle Gucci Poochie 'Lisbet Skoog was lounging on the bed while I put on my barn clothes.

We got out there a little after 7:30 and it could not have been more gorgeous.

The paddock started drying out...enough for Dream to want to roll in it 5 seconds after I opened the door.

When she was finished, there was a pile of hair in her imprint.

Put the hay out there and started cleaning stalls. Gary helped when he got back from Java.

Dream and PC left their hay and went out to the back pasture.

Grabbed a quick shower and headed down to chorus rehearsal.

Downstairs, the Seniors were celebrating St. Patrick's Day.

We had a great practice!

On the way home we stopped by Ryan's Big M and picked up a couple of sandwiches for lunch.

Added some chips and pickles when we got home.

By now, the temperature was about 61 degrees and high energy kicked in. Gar and I moved things around the back porch and set it up. If it stays this nice out, after his surgery he may want to go out there to read the paper....sit in the sun.


I totally left off some photos of the porch and will show you what it looks like another time.

We were invited to Apple Creek Farm for dinner, so I had to put the horses in earlier than I wanted to... When it's this nice, I can't see wasting the weather.

Of course they didn't mind since there was food involved.




Apple Creek Farm is loaded with over 60 acres of apple trees. They have been pruning them for weeks.


See this Cardinal? He keeps attacking their windows for about 2 hours each day. It is driving Jack and Louise nuts.


They have such a lovely view from their living room.


As usual, the kitchen was full of colorful blossoms.






Louise prepared a delicious meal.

Jack knows the drill and always helps out with the last minute details.


We had....mashed potatoes and "bangers" in a nice sauce. I never heard of "bangers" before.

...cabbage and carrots, homemade Irish Soda Bread and I made fried apples and onions that were carmalized with brown sugar.









Got home around 9...here's a shot of the back porch with the lights on (looks much better in the daylight). Of course more snow is on the way next week.

Guess I'll take a time out...so many pictures today.
Night all.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're having a stretch of beautiful weather too - but you're right that snow's on the way for the weekend. But we can hope it's the last one!

Unknown said...

I'm so happy that the weather has warmed! Spring is here.

All that food looks yummy! We went out to an Irish pub last night called Finnigans Wake. I has a delecious shephards pie with lamb meat in it. Very good.

B : ) said...

You and your life continue to amaze me, comfort me, relax me, involve me....it's all so heartbreakingly beautiful!! thanks for sharing.

Jill said...

What a beautiful day.

CoyoteFe said...

Oh Lori! Can you feel her? She's coming! Really, truly - Spring is coming round the bend in the road. I have a comfortable chair and cool drink for her when she gets here.

elvira pajarola said...

WONDERFUL PICTURES and recounts of a gorgeous day!!
I love your bedroom door in this golden light and the iron horse on it......so lovely!!
Your day started with a gorgeous sunraise and ended with a wonderful rustic dinner on the porch...Delightful!!
My best wishes for Gary's speedy recovery!!
have a sunny weekend!!
ciao ciao elvira

Anonymous said...

Your back porch is great! Shhhh. Don't talk about the snow, Lori!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Gorgeous sunsets, sunrises, great friends, fabulous food, wonderful horses, beautiful weather, cute dogs. You've got it all!

Enjoy!

~Lisa