Followers

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

SINGING IN THE RAIN....

Another cold and wet morning. So lousy Phoebe did not want to go to the barn with me...just Gucci was in the mood to get filthy.
Pony was waiting for her breakfast. Grained them all and put most of the hay under the shed roof. Of course Dream chose to eat out in the paddock.
Standing water is back along with boot sucking mud. Hopefully it will stop raining before morning.
But look at what is popping up next to the indoor.
This made me happy.
And check out that garlic.
Got in the house a little after 9:30. Gary was finally starting to feel a little better. Jenny and Cooper payed him a visit and brought a bagel from Java along with the Buffalo and Rochester papers. It was good for him to have some activity...he even wore regular clothes today and looked a lot better.

I made an attempt to get the house together before my class.
They arrived at 1:30 and Jenny and Coop left about 10 minutes later. A pretty full house today!

Look at what Tina did. This photo does not do it justice. She put together 3 watercolors that she had cut out and reframed them. Perfect color choice for the mats and frame.
Donna brought cupcakes today. She really spoils us.
It was good to have Colm back. He's been gone for a few classes....back to the drawing board!
Deb finished another illustration for her book. This is one of my favorites.
Look who made class! Mikayla.
Sandy brought all the prints she had made yesterday. I'm ready to go back tomorrow for more!
and Donna put together a new piece....it really works. I want to take the time to read all the words she selected for the letters. You can get very personal with a project like this, and gear it towards a particular person. I just might have to give it a shot.
Mel is just about finished with his watercolor pencil bear, that was just started last week. He has been very productive.

This pencil drawing was done by Colm. The light was not great when I took the photo, but you can get the idea. He has an amazing style.
Everyone left by 3:30 and I got my clothes together for the concert tonight. I had to do chores early in order to be at the High School by 6:15.

It didn't matter, the weather was still wet and the ponies were ready to come in.
You know who is at the door.
Got them all tucked in by 5:30 and hurried back to the house.
Took a quick shower, got dressed and drove down to Brockport.
Our group hooked up with Liz Banner's choir and we rehearsed our two songs. They sounded the best ever.

Below is Mary Ellen....our Director. She sang along with us tonight.
The auditorium was packed by the time things started.
I love the way the stage looks when it is set up like this.
We were able to sit in the auditorium until we had to go up on the stage.

The vocal music program is run by Liz B. and Darla B. Each of them had several groups.
Above is the Mixed Chorus and below are the Handsome Devils (our sports teams are the Blue Devils). I thought that was pretty clever.
Then there was the Swing Choir....
followed by the Triple Quartet (used to be the Triple Trio).
We had to go back stage, so I did not get shots of the MadVocals. We sang our two songs with the Choir and I was 100% satisfied with the performance. (We were sent comments made by the kids regarding how they felt working with Seniors at our first rehearsal, and they were very moving). We make a good and very strong team.

After we left the stage, all those who had performed came together in the combined choir and knocked our socks off.




It all ended with a standing ovation.
I hope you will look at the post below and listen to a clip from the concert.
It was a great experience and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Just another thing that makes our little town something very special.

Night all.

8 comments:

LadyFi said...

What a great day! Singing and drawing and the shy spring flowers...

Anonymous said...

What an interesting and active day! I need to go look for my garlic this morning!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pics---I couldn't be there but Jim and Jimmy were---I see some shots of our grandson, JW---he had a solo and Jim said it was good----great music from a group of great voices----Sara

Anonymous said...

Garlic? How cool. Can't wait to see more about how it grows. I have never even considered where garlic comes from or how it's produced, as dumb as that sounds.

Anonymous said...

Lori,
Such sweet kids, and great shots of them! It must have been quite an amazing event. I'm so glad that you took us through it with your photos. I read through their comments. Very perceptive kids, too!

Hope that Gary is feeling better today.
Tina

enlightenedhorsemanship said...

A spring day at Tractor Supply and a bookstore with your doggies? Sounds heavenly. Great images. I can feel the early spring rising.

Nea said...

I love the alphabet idea, I might use it in class, if I may?

I'll be back for a listen another time. It's late here and I might wake the family.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Whew! Another crazy busy day for you. I swear after I read your blog, especially after catching up, I feel like I could use a long vacation doing nothing but sleeping in a hammock on a beach. lol!
The chorus/concert was quite impressive. It's cool that you enjoy it so much.

I love the shadow box artwork. And that bear in the water is just beautiful!

Now I'm going to get ready for bed. I'm tired after reading of all your busy activities! hehe!


~Lisa