Followers

Monday, March 15, 2010

PART 1 PART 2 PART 3 PART 4

Part 1

The pups went out with me when I did morning chores, but were put back in the house after half an hour.

It was another ugmo morning.

At least it was not raining.

When Gar got back from coffee, he helped me out for a few minutes.

It was so darn windy! Berlin knew enough to go and eat in the run-in.




Part 2

We left at 11 and went down to the High School for a rehearsal with the HS Chorus. Our chorus is going to perform at their concert on the 23rd.

Combined, we have nearly 140 voices. The sound is amazing.

I'm sure the kids wondered if "those old people could sing."

They found out soon enough.

We practiced the two songs we are doing together, and both directors seemed ok with it.

Liz B. works with the high school chorus...I have known her for many years and we taught a class together when I was still working at the H.S. ...."Why We Create Art and Music." It was a great experience for all of us.
















Part 3

I met Tina down at WallyWorld and taught her how to make a book from her disk full of photos.
When I got home it was nearly time for chores. Look at my piglets! Rollgroomrollgroom.......

You know who waited patiently while I got the grain ready.

Ironically, this was the best part of the day...it warmed up a bit, and the sun appeared.

We probably have over a thousand day lilies....they are all over the place and are starting to grow.

Fortunately, the drainage is very good in our lawns, so they are in pretty fine shape...just have to pick up a lot of branches that were blown down by the wind. It should be sunny and in the low 50s for the next 5-7 days and should really help dry out the pastures.

Part 4

At 6:15 we got in the car and drove out to Randy and Arlene's for an early St. Patrick's Day dinner.

It was nice to get there in the daylight.

Arlene decorates her tree for every holiday...

What a classic feast.

Corned beef with potatoes and carrots....

Homemade Irish Soda Bread...

And lots of cabbage.

We played Sequence, and once again Arlene and I got pounded.

Finished the evening with dessert. I made rice pudding and threw in a few strawberries before serving it. Yummy. Now, we have to cool it in that department.

It's 11:06 and I am still full.

Night all.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I do not know the game "Sequence". I'll look on the web to discover it.
He the sun comes more often. The spring approaches. Next saturday !
See you soon

Anonymous said...

I love day lilies too - they're one of my favorite flowers. I sometimes pick the flowers and float them in a shallow bowl of water - they're good for that day only but very pretty.

They're promising better weather for us today - hope yours improves soon!

Jill said...

I also look forward to spring. My garlic is starting to emerge from the ground. Got a light dusting of snow last night. At least it covered the mud! Great post. Great picture of your horse peeking into the barn.

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I don't know where you find all the time for these great photos, but why did the pups have to go back inside? Are they naughty?? ;-)

Máire said...

I love those singing photos. Happy St Patrick's day for tomorrow from Ireland.

Máire

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Can you believe I've never tried Corned Beef, Cabbage or Soda Bread? I know. Weird, eh? lol!

I do love rice pudding, though. Yummo!

Is Sequence a card game or a board game?


~Lisa