Followers

Monday, March 8, 2010

I NEED TO GET OFF THE FARM!

I'll bet you think these photos were taken yesterday....or the day before.....

but hot damn!!!! today we had ANOTHER beautiful sunrise.

Apricot...


Let the dogs out and fed Bermuda.

Checked out the green things sprouting in the back yard.

Gucci hoped to capture something on the other side of the fence.

Same routine every morning.

It won't be long before we can quit burning wood...Actually, I will miss that warm, cozy feel.

Headed out to the barn.

This morning I took the ponies sheets off before they went out for their hay.

The temperature eventually hit the upper 40s.



Blue skies and sunshine...what more could I ask?




Can you see the pigeon on top of the lamp?

It was driving the dogs nuts.

Even tho they were barking and jumping....

it would not fly away.


The snow melted quite a bit today.








I made a quick trip down to Wegmans and got home by 12:15.

At 1:20 I remembered that I was supposed to be at a meeting regarding the chorus (at 1pm). I drove down, and did not get back home until 3:30.


Louise was driving back from Philadelphia today, so I invited her and Jack for dinner so she would not have to cook tonight.


Went out to do chores at 5:45. The wind really picked up and the temperature changed.



Put the ponies in...grained them and put on their sheets.


Before I went out, I started on dinner. Homemade pizza.

I usually let the dough rise for at least two hours. After I spread it out, I topped it with sauce, sauted onions, peppers and mushrooms...added a few pieces of very thinly sliced pepperoni and some mozarella cheese.

Before I baked it, I let it sit out for at least half an hour, then put it in the oven at 450 degrees.
This makes for a nice crispy crust.

A salad of mixed greens with juicy mango, crumbly blue and wine blush dressing.

The pizza turned out great. Louise and Jack brought a delicious mixed berry pie that she picked up at a bakery on her way home. I forgot to take a picture!

I am tired. Night all.

8 comments:

elvira pajarola said...

.....mmmhh...I do start with Your excuisite Dinner: The pizza looks sooo inviting and the Mango Salad adds its exotic touch....(next time you plan THIS DINNER I'll take a plane!!)
...Spring light did arrive in your wonderful place of the world too...the beautiful photos tell it!!!!!!
I missed many of your posts; scrolling back I discovered the fantastic old hey barn...!!!! I do love it and the farm Lady did a splendid job.....!!! (here in southern tuscany we pile up the hay under a roof); ours is directly behind the stables, under the chestnut trees.
....MARVELLOUS morning suns!!!!!!!
Have a great week, Lori!
ciao ciao elvira

Anonymous said...

That pizza looks fantastic! Another nice sunrise this morning too? I'll have to run to the window and see :)

Anonymous said...

Homemade pizza is the best!

Sandra said...

This looks like a great day that ended with wonderful food!

Achieve1dream said...

Wow you will have plenty of pictures for Sunday Stills this week. I rarely get out of the house early enough to see the sunrise. I'm not really a morning person. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm baaaack... with an award.
I have given you an award! Please stop by my blog to receive it.

LadyFi said...

What lovely apricot light... sounds like a glorious day outside.

Unknown said...

Beautiful light on your pictures ! The spring is coming at yours.
Here, it's snowing... May be next week the spring will come.