Followers

Friday, March 12, 2010

DO YOU HAVE SUNSHINE IN YOUR HOUSE?

Expect a little Irish music for the next few days. The first two selections are by the Dady brothers who live down the road apiece.

There was no sunrise...no sunshine...no nothin' this morning. In fact, it was raining.

Fortunately I had a little sunshine in the house... flowers brought by Roger and Tina when they came to dinner last night. They definitely brought a lot of light into the kitchen.














The pups and I went out to the barn after 7:30. It was ugly! By the time I put the grain in for the horses, Phoebe and Gucci were a mess! So, I put them in the back yard...

Put that on your kitchen floor!

They both had a turn in the sink, were sprayed off and towel dried.

Meanwhile, back at the barn....I put the hay under the overhang so the horses would not get soaked...also put hay nets in both run ins out of the weather.

I even opened up the indoor. How is that for a white horse...why don't they just roll every time after they have been groomed!

Dream was down in the mud within 30 seconds after I opened the barn door.

Speaking of mud...she had to go through it to get back to the paddock.

We've had lots of seagulls flying around lately.


I spent most of the day trying to get this computer to work right.Whenever I went to my Playlist through Safari it would crash and say that "the Google program Google Desktop Mac has unexpectadly quit." I dumped and cleaned up everything I could...even made two appointments (cancelled them) at the Apple store. Roger taught me a few tricks while they were here last night and after many hours....I figured it out. Dumped my playlist (Safari) and started a new one through Firefox. Just one problem, I can't remember all the music that I loved. If you remember anything, let me know. I need some suggestions.

Didn't go out until 6. It was such a grey day...fortunately it was at least 50 and the rain was not constant.

Of course all the horses, except Pony, were filthy AGAIN! So I used the shedding blade before they went in.

The pups were in deep tapioca, as they ran directly over to the house next door to find Harley...and would not listen to me. So, once again, they got put in the back yard.

They had to wait there for half an hour....

Harley is a chocolate Lab and must weigh 70 pounds...these two squirts terrorize him.

There is some of the hair I took off Dream. Spring?

PC looked like he had gone through the trenches.

Ahah! One of my yucca plants has surfaced. It was covered with over 3 feet of snow for weeks.

Didn't get in the house until 6:30.

Dinner? LEFTOVERS!!!!!!

Bread from last night....

Romaine lettuce topped with leftover bean salad, onions and cheese.

Leftover sauce on ziti with the rest of the mozarella cheese from the last pizza we made....

and it all tasted GREAT!

Now it's time for a very hot shower and some hot tea. Night all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've got some serious mudballs here too!

CoyoteFe said...

Like your song today!
I almost bought tulips today, but I am trying conserve. Hmmm ... suddenly THAT sounds silly. Like how your flowers match your Skywatch Friday sun. Phoebe does not like baths, I think!

Maery Rose said...

It's been cloudy and rainy here all week and this is suppose to continue for another 5 days. I'm feeling seriously sun deprived. There's no lack of mud however. You are really getting some wonderful use of your camera!

Rising Rainbow said...

I could use a little sunshine in my house. Funny I never though about flowers adding that, but it looks like they do.

Mud is rampant here too. Can't wait for drier weather.

Callie Brady said...

We have sunshine today! Morgan and the chickens are out running around. Hope you get some good weather and sunshine soon.

Sandra said...

I just love your dedication to your journal! I always enjoy the photos and you are a terrific cook, even with leftovers!

allhorsestuff said...

I really like that run in breeze way for the horses.
That has to be the most gorgeous shot of Dream! And my...she is goaty with her whiskers!Wa, even if I did let her hair grow...would never have that much!
Kac