Followers

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

BLUE IS IN....

Nice! An interesting sky...the ground was frozen from the cold temperatures last night, but we ended up approaching 40 degrees.

The two little maniacs went out to the barn with me. Their new thing is running up to the top of the manure pile before going to the neighbor's yard to see if they can find Harley (dog).

Flew through chores this morning...Gary got home in time to help me finish up. He has given me a lot of extra help this winter.

I'm almost ready to change the horses over to their sheets. If it wasn't for a pretty strong wind, I would have done it today.

Even tho the ground was frozen in the morning, it was full of puddles by mid afternoon.

On my way back to the house I had to take advantage of that beautiful BLUE sky.


Wednesday...chorus rehearsal. A pretty good one today....we worked on 5 songs and are doing a decent job. On the 14th we are going to join 3 other groups and will sing LET THERE BE PEACE ON EARTH at a fund raiser for a nearby Hospice house. (Also performing 3 other pieces).

This is State Street....we are heading to Main Street in the village before we hang a left to go home.

Could the sky get any bluer????










As soon as we got home, the dogs couldn't wait to get in the back yard, where they had been tormented by chipmunks the whole time we were gone.



Go get 'um!





Brenda and Al dropped by with a couple of boxes of wood scraps (Al is a carver) that we use for kindling. We enjoyed a cupa tea and some good conversation.

Went out to do chores at 5:30. It was still very light, but I had to get ready to go out to dinner.

The snow melted a fair amount today.

Tucked the ponies in and did my usual paddock picking before heading back to the house.

Yes, the girls got in a good run before they were left "home alone."











I am absolutely loving the light at this hour.


At 6:20 we were on our way to pick up Jack and Louise. They invited us to go to the Macaroni Grill to celebrate their 15th anniversary.

Here we are at the main intersection before the village.


These two have been very generous with us...many invitations to go out and eat. Of course we love and appreciate it very much.



Every single time we have gone here, the food and service has been great.



I forgot to take a picture of my dinner, but got everyone elses. I had Chicken Scallopini (don't have a clue how to spell that right).






You have seen a picture of this before. If you are celebrating a birthday or anniversary they give you this giant piece of cake (on the house). Enough for 4! and so yummy.

We were finished by about 8:30...

Very satisfied. I loved not having to make dinner! It's late....night all.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had the same blue sky as you yesterday - it was very encouraging!

Unknown said...

So have we in England. It's a lovely looking day. But when I walked into town this morning, there's a North East wind blowing, and it's bitter cold. Roll on spring !
Warm regards, Mike.

Achieve1dream said...

Blue is definitely in!!! And it can stay in as far as I'm concerned. :) Great post!

Ken Mac said...

U know how to live Lori!

elvira pajarola said...

This is "Yves Saint Laurent" Blue....Sky...isn't it? The most beautiful blue ever; I am certain you know it!!!!!

...Your sympatic little doggies, I would love to see them together with the chipmunks....!
(The shot of the jumping doggy is just a fantastic one!)

Wonderful to spend time with dear friends and celebrate together!!

have a happy weekend, Lori!!

ciao ciao elvira

Máire said...

Hi Lori,

Popping over following your visit to my blog. I just love your photographs.

Máire