Followers

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

BACK AND FORTH

This morning I was a very happy camper when I let the dogs out and it was not raining! The sky started off in shades of pink....Then the sun really started to warm up the ground (it was 31 degrees).
and we moved into the yellow mode...
Both pups went with me to the barn...after their breakfast (of course).
I know this is blurry, but again....I love it. Within 30 seconds after I opened the barn door, Dream was out there rolling.
She never fails to check out the situation while I am getting the grain ready.
It was nice to be able to put the hay in the paddock. It was not too wet in half of it.

I moved pretty fast cleaning stalls...it is so down to a science. Had to catch a shower before chorus.

Got there at 10 and it was a tedious rehearsal. We have had so many obligations in the past 7 days...but now, we can just concentrate on the music for our own concert on May 21st.
I'm sure Gary wishes he was well enough to be there.
There she is! The miracle worker.... We are really starting to kick in on some of the new songs.
They just knew they were going in my Journal tonight!

After lunch Phoebe, Gucci and I jumped in the car so some errands could be taken care of.
We started off at the bank....and then went to Tractor Supply to pick up some hay cubes for Pony.
Look at that...the trees are starting to bud (and snow is on the way).
Stopped at the Lift Bridge to pick up the Buffalo and Rochester papers for Gary.
Could not resist getting a couple shots...I did this before...the buildings across the street are reflected in the windows.

Went around the corner to the Town Hall where I made a tax payment.
Before I left, I set Gar up with the movie "Amazing Grace." Perfect timing...it ended when I walked in the door. He said it was pretty good and was a nice distraction. He absolutely hates daytime tv!!! and is more of a PBS man.
The afternoon light was perfect, so I was back at it with my camera.
Brilliant.
If we could just get rid of the snow in the forecast.
Well Tina, you called it! Another blossom popped on the Hibiscus plant you gave us.
I didn't even go out until 7pm tonight. We had a light dinner first...at least Gary is getting his appetite back. He sure has not been eating much since his surgery.
I felt cold when I first went out, but it was actually quite comfortable once I got away from the fire.
The barn doors were partially open and the sun came through them like a spotlight.
Set up the grain and the ponies were all tucked in by 7:30
At last, no plans and I can get in some couch time. Tomorrow morning Gar gets his stitches out.
Night all.

7 comments:

Sandra said...

Since I am almost forced to bed red (crazy thyroid) I can so relate to how Gary is feeling! I hope he gets well soon!

Gayle said...

Don't you just yearn for warm air? I'd love for Spring (and mostly Summer) to be here already. Don't you wonder what people in Hawaii have to look forward to? Hmmmmm.

Lovely shots of the sun thoroughout the day. Now if it will just thaw us out!

Anonymous said...

I haven't been by lately to visit, sorry! Poor Gary, it's not fun being laied up. I sure hope he gets well soon.

Anonymous said...

Glad you finally got some good weather - we're back in the deep freeze today!

Susan Ellis said...

Love the silhouette of the horse...beautiful! thanks for sharing your pretty busy day!

B : ) said...

Those "buildings in the windows" shots would be more than perfect for the Weekend Reflections meme : )

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Amazing window shots and reflections. Good capture.
So, I'm catching up and I understand now something has happened with Gary's foot. I hope it wasn't anything too serious like an accident? And I hope he heals quickly.
Now wonder you've been so tired and worn ragged seeing how you're having to take on all the extra chores and errands.

If it would have been me, though, I'd have cut back on just about everything that wasn't a necessity and just cocooned at home instead.
That's what works for me, though. You're a very active person...and look at you preparing for a concert, too.
Slow down and get some rest before you get too burned out.
At least you have some very generous and caring friends to take care of you.

But I hope things get back to normal for you and Gary soon.

~Lisa