Followers

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

PRE WARM UP....

Gar went down to Java for coffee while the pups and I went out to the barn.

Lately, they have been going back to the porch to tell me they are ready to go in.

Actually, it makes it easier for me to do chores as I am not busy keeping track of them.

A nice quiet morning with only a trace of new snow.

The horses have access to two pastures and the outdoor arena, but choose to stay in the front paddock most of the day.

I expect that when I put the hay out, but during the afternoon they do very little wandering.

The stalls were clean...the hay was set up for the evening and I was in the house by 9:20!




Below are the "winter" tools...right outside the kitchen door. That little sled makes my life so much easier.


We were given these two amarylis (spelling????) plants for Christmas. The first blossoms are gone and now they are quickly growing again. Let's see how long it takes for new ones.

This afternoon we had a few snow flurries, but they did not amount to much.

At 1:30 my class arrived and included two new students. Alice and Colm.

Everyone was very busy!

You can hardly see Deb at the end of the table...as she works on another painting for her book on family history.

We live in a very small world. Today we discovered that Alice lives two doors away from Sandy who has been coming to class for nearly 8 years...and when John walked in the door, there she was, and old friend who used to work in the same school district with him (and me).

Colm did some sketching today after a couple of exercises were done to start things off. He has a terrific style and is going to be another quick study.

Sandy made a lot of progress with her painting of Abbe.

Tina's colored pencil drawing of the fawn and cat is getting very rich.

Alice will be working on a "Journal" of sorts. She will fill it with watercolors of flowers.

Gary went to the library at one and ended up at Jenny's for awhile.
When he got home he split a lot of wood and brought it up to the back porch.


I went out to do chores at 5. It sure is staying light longer.

When I was finished, it started to get dark.






Winnie's family gave us a gift card to the Macaroni Grill for Christmas. We decided to use it tonight.

We got in there about 6:15 and had an excellent meal.

I had Chicken Scallopini ....

and Gary had Pollo.....can't remember....it was chicken with a light lemon flavor and a side of pasta covered with a fresh tomato sauce (veggies too).

We were home before 8, ready to get the fire going again.

If we are lucky, the next seven days will range from 30 to 40 degrees. The break will be pure pleasure. Tomorrow chorus starts up again and I can't wait to see what are new music is going to be. That's it...I'm outahere. Night all.

7 comments:

Sunny said...

Your postings are such a delight to read and I love all your pictures, especially of the animals.
Thank you for stopping by my blog. I would love it if you would stop by Barnyards and Barnacles sometime.
Sunny :)

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

That art craft class look very interesting. Is everyone very gifted?

I LOL when I see your dogs, my joseph had to shear his dog because it is so hot in Australia.

Frank said...

Loved you entire day and the dinner and wine were perfect. I always enjoy reviewing your "yesterday" at Skoog Farm and know all's well when you get the fire going.

So your 30s-40s is a warm spell?

Achieve1dream said...

Wow if I lived near you I'd definitely join your art class. It looks like so much fun!!

Great pictures!

Christina said...

I found your blog the other day, I love horses.
Looks like you had a nice day! Wonderful photos and artwork!

Christina
http://christinaitmg.blogspot.com/

enlightenedhorsemanship said...

There is so much LIFE at your place...even in the dark of winter.
Beautiful.
The dogs look great in the pink coats.
Princesses.

B : ) said...

OMG you're just killing me with this idyllic life of yours - I want some.