Followers

Thursday, January 28, 2010

#2238 - WHITE OUT!

When I let the dogs out this morning, it looked like we had about 3 inches of new snow.

Gary left for yoga around 7 and I shoveled a path out to the barn around 7:30. Fortunately I remembered to put the hose in the kitchen last night so it was all thawed out and I could fill up the water trough.

The temperature was not too bad....





Fed the horses and put their hay in the front paddock so they would have a little protection from the wind.

It was still quiet while I finished cleaning the stalls.



Then it started to snow like crazy.

I was supposed to take Madonna over to PF Chang's for lunch, but with these whiteouts I wanted no part of driving on the expressway with zero visibilty. I shoveled the driveway for awhile...Gary took over when he got home.

Nasty out!



After lunch, the dogs and I went for a ride down to Wegmans to pick up a few things. We are having company for dinner tomorrow night.

They were happy when I pulled into the driveway.



It kept snowing, and snowing, and snowing... and the wind was getting worse. I opened the indoor before I went to the store, but the ponies just don't care about being in there when instead, they could stand outside in a blizzard. Two run ins and a 60 foot shed roof and they still hang out in the paddock.







I felt sorry for them and went out an hour early to do evening chores.

Gucci and Phoebe went out several times to play in the snow, but did not last very long.

How about that hand stand?







When I got back in the house I headed straight for the fire.


Dinner...more comfort food (guess I'm on a roll). Bacon, eggs (baked in the oven), homefries, English muffins with PB and J and Orange Juice.





The Amarylis is opening up more each day.

Here's the scene just before dinner.

Lovely.

I just can't get warm. Have to get in bed with a hot water bottle. Night all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could use a hot water bottle - but I guess a cat or two will have to do - stay warm!

Cheryl Ann said...

Oh, it looks so cold, but your food looks so warm and yummy! What time is dinner? We'll be over! (just kidding!) There's nothing like "comfort food" on a cold night, eh?

Maery Rose said...

That's quite the weather you've been having. Makes for some good photos.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

The horses look miserable, but it's amazing how much they prefer to be out in the snow than inside a stall. lol!

Gucci and Phoebe looks so cute out in the white stuff, too.
Your blizzard like snowfall looked a lot like ours we had today. It's still snowing now, too. I wonder who much snow we'll end up with morning?

Try to get warm. I'm bundled up in layers and layers of fleece and down blankets and I'm still a little chilly. brrrr!

~Lisa

Gayle said...

All the snow machine riders here would be very jealous of your snow. We've hardly had any this winter. Dinner looks great. I have to start taking photos again. I got burnt out.

B : ) said...

You're killing me!!! Couldn't begin to tell you how much I love snow (except driving in it). Now you're showing me snow on a farm. Have I died while sitting here at my computer and gone straight to heaven? That little handstand is how our CiCi goes potty about one in every three times - we haven't figured out why yet. BTW, the local beer distributor brought the Clydesdales to town. That particular team came from New Hampshire I think they said. They then spent a few days in Sarasota at different venues and then on to New Orleans. The Monday of the week they were here was the last day for any of the horses to be at the theme parks since Anheiser Busch sold out - new owners didn't want them there I guess. It was a wonderful experience to see them - a lifelong dream. One of the things that stops my heart and body instantly is to hear the jingle of the bells on a Budwieser Christmas commercial : )

Achieve1dream said...

I don't know what I would do without my electric blanket at night! The snow is beautiful, but can be such a pain. We normally only get ice around here, but we're actually getting snow again for the fourth time this winter! We rarely get any snow, much less four times. Wow!