Followers

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

DON'T LET THE SUN FOOL YOU...

I did it again! Woke up at 6:15 when the sun was just starting to come up.

Can't believe I am so hooked on taking photographs of the sky.



I went out around 7:30 and saw myself in the window of the car. Don't you just love my outfit?

Had to dress for the temperature.

Even tho it was bright, I was freezing.

A lot of light drama in the back forty.

Decided to drag the rings and paddocks when I finished cleaning the stalls. It fluffs everything up, especially outside, where there are still muddy areas.

Chorus rehearsal started at 10am...in a different location. The Senior Center was closed for Veteran's Day so we practiced at a nearby church (where we usually have our year end concerts).
The space is huge and the acoustics make a big difference in how we sound.

Darrin was up for riding today, but we didn't leave the property.

I decided to ride Abbe and use the bitless bridle. I have only had it on her once to do in hand work.

She was a very good girl...didn't move a muscle when I got on and her trot was smooth enough to sit on. Didn't overdo it...we stopped riding before Winnie and Darren called it quits.

Winnie was relaxed as usual and Darrin sure has learned a lot in his lessons with Andrea.

I heard some kids outside and when I checked it out...it was Jenny with the boys and both dogs.
She took the dogs out back for a run, so I got Phoebe and Gucci and we joined them.

The back fields are beautiful...

In the distance, you can see Jenny walking back down the lane. This is where we ride.

The dogs got quite a workout, while Cooper and Finn helped Grampa with his mortaring.

The cold went right through your body, so I was very happy to get back in front of the fire.

While Jenny and I went out to do chores, Grampa played sequence with the boys.

When we got back in they were still playing.



Put together an adlib dinner and by 6:30 they were ready to go home.

Grampa borrowed Finn's Brockport hat for a photo.

So much for today.... Night all.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Heaven...

Anonymous said...

Love your sky photos - do keep taking them!

Esther Garvi said...

Beautiful skies!
We're sleeping outside these days and wake up to a beautiful light every morning at around six (if not, Dennis makes sure to sing for us, so we wake up either way). I haven't grabbed my camera yet but just enjoy the sun. It's pretty amazing, always giving us a new view! Thanks for sharing yours!

Maery Rose said...

Great sky shots! There was a beautiful sunrise yesterday morning that I took a few shots of but haven't had a chance to post yet. Hope you're having another lovely day.