Followers

Saturday, November 21, 2009

#2114 HORSES AND DOGS...DOGS AND HORSES

Here we are back at the Skoog Farm...

Grey, yes grey....

Not rainin' tho....and the temperature wasn't too bad this morning.

Found these weeds out back when I was pickin' the pasture.

Gary helped we with chores while the dogs got their bellies all muddy in the paddock.

That yarrow is just not going to give up.

Winnie went out to Glen Darach for a lesson, and when she got back all the horses we anxiously awaiting her arrival.

"Winnie, is that you in the horse trailer?"

"Why are you going in the indoor?"

"We don't get it."

"I can wait....."

The reason she went through the indoor was so she could avoid being rushed at the gate! Smart move.

In the photo above, she was paying close attention to Justine, who was on the swing near the paddock.

Gary and Darrin were having a conversation about Sarah Palin's book signing in Rochester tonight. They were going to take 1000 people and she would sign 2 books for each. That should take a zillion hours. Have to check the news to see how it worked. That lady is going to be loaded with moola from the sale of this book. I will however, leave it at that.

Now to the dog part.

On Thursday night, Darrin's father (Jim) was kind enough to bring me a camera that he is not using. It's a Canon Power Shot A560 and I am trying to figure out how to take nice, clear pictures with it. Below are some of my first shots that I took yesterday, and in the post below are the ones I took at the art opening. Guess it would help if I studied the manuel.

The close ups seem better than the ones I get with my SONY Cyber Shot.

Gucci is such a ham.

What dog relaxes more than Phoebe?

Don't you wonder where that perfect mustache came from?

I am so outa here! Night all.

1 comment:

Gayle said...

I should read the manuel on my "big" camera, too. Gee, it's been a couple years since I bought it! I only use it for sports right now because it has dirt on the sensors and takes horrible scenery shots. It's several hundred to clean it so for now I take all my shots with a cheap Kodak easy share (or one of the other five point and shoots floating around the house). I wonder when your snow is going to come? You are so right, Sarah should have a lot of moola when this is over, but I guess that isn't her fault, is it? :)