Followers

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

MELTDOWN RECOVERY....

I didn't even wake up until 7:20...had to hurry so I wouldn't keep my steeds waiting for their breakfast.

It's very different when I walk into this area of the barn...Joe used to have whole space. In the next week or so, I am going to have fill brought in to level it off. This is the before picture.

It did not take long for the sky to become very bright.

When I went to pick the back pasture, the Skoog Farm pigeons were keeping me company.

They will have to live somewhere else when the weather gets bad, as the indoor will be locked up more of the time. What a mess they make.

The fields behind the pasture have been replanted and turned green.

Another sign of fall.

And here is Abbe...I called Andrea today and told her that I'm over my meltdown and after all the encouragement from my readers, there is no way I can give up driving this girl.

Morning chores were over and the pups and I went back to the house.

In one week, the leaves have changed a lot.

Usually, Gucci and Phoebe don't sleep in the same place...this morning was an exception.

Tuesday....Class Day.

Tina brought over the piece we bought at the Peter Monacelli Exhibition. I love it. Now I have to find space on some wall to hang it. Our house is wall to wall art and photographs. Someday I will photograph everything and show you our "gallery."

Too bad I couldn't get a better shot with the glass there.

Tina matted and framed Izzy.

Mel did a lot of work on his colored pencil drawing.

Right after class the pups and I drove over to Apple Creek Farm so I could mow the lawn.
The Canal was very quiet.

Louise still has a lot of color going on in her gardens.

Look at the color in this tree.

And how about those apples?

They are finally ready to pick.

Meanwhile back at Skoog Farm, we had one blossom growing on our weeping crab apple tree.

Did evening chores, took a shower and we went down the road for dinner. I am still coughing!!!!
Gag me!!!

I brought home some chicken for Phoebe and Gucci....which they thoroughly enjoyed. Content.

Tuned in to Dancing tonight...very glad TD is out of the competition... I'm ready to have a cup of hot water with some lemon and will crawl into bed to watch that new show "The Good Wife." It looks pretty good. Night all.

7 comments:

photogchic said...

So happy to hear you are feeling better about Abbe. We all go through those highs and lows. I nearly put a "free horse" ad in the paper after a bad day at the barn:-). The dogs look so cozy on their quilt...very cute.

Diary From Africa said...

Sounded like another busy day for you ! I love all your photo's ... the one with the gorgeous red apples on the tree is really nice -good enough to eat !

Kcalpesh said...

A lovely day once again in the company of nature and it's creations! You've described these lovely pictures very nicely! Well shot and well written!

- Pixellicious Photos

Deb said...

you are one busy girl...I love your photos...the last one is my favorite...dogs and quilts...

thecrazysheeplady said...

What about leasing a nice "made" driving horse for the winter and leaving Abbe at your trainer's for a couple months? Green pony and green driver works pretty well...when you're a fearless teenager. Don't set both of yourselves up for disappointment and frustration. Life is too short ;-).

Ken Mac said...

Lori, you crack me up! Always look forward to visiting your farm. I'm well, thanks.

Sara said...

Your day just sounds so rewarding.

I missed Dancing last night - did TD quit??? I saw where Max & whatever her name was were eliminiated (caught the last 2 minutes!)