Followers

Monday, October 12, 2009

DEEP FREEZE....

Good morning! Gorgeous.

We had a killing frost last night and the impatiens are looking pretty slimy.

I did not have to scrape my windshield 'cause I wasn't going anywhere.

It was still below 30 when I got out to the barn.

Fortunately I brushed all the horses last night and could put their sheets on this morning.

After cleaning the stalls I put the plexiglass in the remaining windows. Below is the last shot without it.

Trina and Darrin picked up a load of sawdust today...now the horses have mats and shavings topped with sawdust. That should last us for awhile.

Did not do much...ran a couple of errands, made leftover pasta for dinner...sat by the fire.
Put the horses in around 6:15 and am ready to cool it. Night all.

7 comments:

restoration42 said...

Remember when we were rejoicing over signs of spring? Looks like winter is on its way. Our coast is about to get hit by a major rainstorm . . . time to dig in and get cozy. Love the header, by the way. Yep, we are definitely hooked, lol.

photogchic said...

Love that barn...so cool. Stay warm!

Anonymous said...

We just had our first frost as well - even though it's getting colder, I've always loved fall - the change in light, the leaves, and the patterns the frost makes - and the horses like it too - much frisking, wearing their new fuzzy coats!

Lisa & Gerald said...

Hey Lori,
It's getting colder here too..We are going down to -3 tonight with frost...Stay warm my friend..

Unknown said...

Oh dear, winter. Wish I could hibernate for six months (but only if I could stay awake all summer to make up for it)

Grey Horse Matters said...

Love your header. I'm afraid we didn't get past the upper forty's yesterday after a nice frost on the ground in the morning. The horses are loving it and it's really hard to get them to come in now. They just seem to love staying out in the cool night air.

diane b said...

I would be useless there with those temperatures I'd stay in bed.